PDA

View Full Version : poseur cicada...

kamran shahin
06-25-2011, 08:31 PM
hello my dear friends:
i am a new member.i am happy for membership in this forum.
Excuse me,because I can't write down english very well.
this is my first post.canon eos 7D tamron 90mm macro.
f5.6 1/250s iso:100 handheld.flash:canon 430exii& soft box 8*8.http://www.pic.iran-forum.ir/images/3qqqzx7qjy4m9peep5sp.jpg

Jerry van Dijk
06-26-2011, 09:36 AM
Hi Kamran, welcome to the forum! Very good first post. A few critiques to make it even better. I think you should have stopped down some more, to get that one hindleg into focus. Furthermore there is a bit to much space in the upper right corner and a little bit to little space between the grasshopper and the left side of the frame. The first can be helped by cropping, the second by adding a little canvas to the left, which shouldn't be much of a problem with that great background you created. Sharpness and exposure are very well handled.

Brendan Dozier
06-27-2011, 10:36 AM
Nice capture and composition, Kamran! Nice sharp details on the grasshopper, like the diagonal perch and dark green BG works well. Jerry makes some very good suggestions to makes this even stronger. It looks like the grasshopper and perch are fairly parallel and wondering if you had pulled back a bit, could have had the perch sharp too. Still overall, nicely done first post!

Roman Kurywczak
06-27-2011, 12:11 PM
Hey Kamran,
Welcome to the forum! Very good advice from Jerry! Looking at your specs.....don't be afraid to go to ISO 400 or even a bit higher with the 7D. I wouldn't really go higher than 640......but that would allow you to get a bunch more DOF and lessen the impact of the flash even more. You can easily HH that setup and flash.....at 1/125.....allowing you even more flexibility. It is very important to balance as much natural/ambient light as you can with just a bit of fill flash.....this generally works best and allows for the most natural looking results. Just some things to keep in mind and looking forward to more of your posts!

Mitch Haimov
06-27-2011, 02:00 PM
Welcome, Kamran. Nice first post. Good suggestions above. I also think moving the camera a bit left (and rotating a bit right to maintain composition) would have given you a better angle on your subject. If there wasn't much more to the perch below the bottom of the frame, including the end rather than cutting it off would have been an interesting option.

Steve Maxson
06-27-2011, 04:55 PM
Hi Kamran and welcome to the Macro forum! This is a nice first post and you have lots of good suggestions above to consider, so I won't repeat. I hope to see more of your work here in Macro. :S3: