PDA

View Full Version : Green Heron

noelle zaleski
06-25-2011, 11:01 AM
Yes, I wish for a better HA on this one but he would not budge. I do however like his fluffed up punk rock look :bg3:
This guy was a nice surprise as I was calling in RWBB he flew right into the tree above me.

Canon MKIII
500mm
1/1600
ISO500
HH
Manual95580

Chad Caswell
06-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Awww he is cute!!! I like the perch and I think the blue sky works well with him. Aggh a better HA. Lol

Dumay de Boulle
06-25-2011, 11:50 AM
Lovely textures and colors...Steep shooting angle not ideal and you mentioned the HA...I do see a small halo around the bird but I find I sometimes get the same thing when shooting against a blue sky. Nice one Noelle!

Don Lacy
06-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Hi Noelle I am ok with the HA but i do wish you could have gotten a better shooting angle since I really like the pose.

noelle zaleski
06-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Thanks guys :bg3:

I agree, the shooting angle was also not ideal and I had hoped he would have flew into the water to fish but he decided to head the other way,

I WILL get a better angle soon when I am shooting from my new kayak next weekend in Michigan.

arash_hazeghi
06-25-2011, 01:32 PM
very nice, I like the pose, head is nice and sharp. shooting angle is not ideal as mentioned and I also wish the feet and tail were in focus too

Richard Unsworth
06-25-2011, 02:15 PM
:S3:

HA police - who are they?, lovely shot Noelle
wish I had hairstyle like that!

noelle zaleski
06-25-2011, 02:53 PM
:S3:

HA police - who are they?, lovely shot Noelle
wish I had hairstyle like that!

LOL Richard.... you are funny. Be careful they are watching :bg3::bg3:

I deleted a TB of Ivory Billed Woodpecker images because the HA's were all wrong,

All kidding aside the HA police have certainly have made me more aware when I look at my images. It adds to the challenge and makes us work much harder at getting the best images of our favorite subjects.

I was happy to have captured this because it was my first greeny. Next one will be the money shot :S3:

Bill Dix
06-25-2011, 03:21 PM
Nice one, Noelle. HA and shooting angle noted, but I still like the hairdo. Congrats on the new kayak; and keep after those Ivory-bills - I trust you'll post it when you get one with a good HA.:S3:

Mitch Carucci
06-25-2011, 03:29 PM
Looks like a young one. Nice shot, and I don't think the HA is bad at all!

Have you photographed from a kayak before. Haven't done that in years. Let us know how it works out.

M.

noelle zaleski
06-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Looks like a young one. Nice shot, and I don't think the HA is bad at all!

Have you photographed from a kayak before. Haven't done that in years. Let us know how it works out.

M.

Thanks Mitch,

Yes, I have photographed from a kayak before with Chad. Now I will be on my own :eek:

I will have pics in a couple weeks to share from Michigan and the Florida Keys.

The perspective from the kayak is great!

noelle zaleski
06-25-2011, 04:03 PM
Nice one, Noelle. HA and shooting angle noted, but I still like the hairdo. Congrats on the new kayak; and keep after those Ivory-bills - I trust you'll post it when you get one with a good HA.:S3:

Thanks Bill :)

gail bisson
06-25-2011, 05:26 PM
Lovely image. I love the "do" and the nice clean BG of blue sky. I would be very happy to have this in my portfolio.
Is it a big deal to have pictures of an ivory billed woodpecker...? I have several:w3:w3
Gail

Alan Murphy
06-25-2011, 07:11 PM
The nice blue BG sets off the bird nicely.

Daniel Cadieux
06-25-2011, 07:30 PM
I too like the upright pose and erect 'do. I normally don't mind when areas other ththan the face are out of DOF range, but I think here it would have been great to ahve stopped down to get all of the subject and perch sharp. Nice colours!!

P.S. As a member of the HA police, I will let you off with a simple warning as you seem to understand the reasoning behind our efforts to clamp down:t3. Sometimes a bit of pishing will be just enough to entice a subject to give a quick glance your way...

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Noelle, pose is excellent. Other points have already been noted by others. You were probably not set up for this shot. If light is good and BG is sky, better to stop down...especially if the bird is with the back towards you.

I havent photographed greenies this summer. need to do that soon :-)

noelle zaleski
06-26-2011, 06:46 AM
Noelle, pose is excellent. Other points have already been noted by others. You were probably not set up for this shot. If light is good and BG is sky, better to stop down...especially if the bird is with the back towards you.

I havent photographed greenies this summer. need to do that soon :-)

You are right, I was not prepared. He flew in so quickly and of course I got excited to see him. He only stiuck around for a minute and this pose only lasted a few seconds.

RakeshDhareshwar
06-27-2011, 06:09 AM
Awesome image . Love the exposure here . More than the HA , I would wish that the angle was not so steep .