PDA

View Full Version : Common tern feeding his chick

thijs broekkamp
06-25-2011, 08:47 AM
I was very happy to witness this moment. It happened several time's, only got one sharp because it happens really fast.

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae54/thijsbroekkamp/visdiefvoerend.jpg

Dave Leroy
06-25-2011, 09:53 AM
Quite an amazing interaction shot. I never would have thought such a hand off would have occurred. It must have been fast.

Ideally a bit more room all around to include clipped wing and a more direct angle would have been nice but I am sure in such situations you take what you get.

Thanks for sharing.
Dave

Don Lacy
06-25-2011, 12:32 PM
Great interaction and timing Dave pointed out a few things that could have made it even better but it is still an accomplishment to get this one. I would like to see you repost this one larger at 1020 pixels to really see the details in the image.

arash_hazeghi
06-25-2011, 01:34 PM
you got a very nice interaction between the chick on the mom Tijs but there are a few things going against you including the shadows, clipped wing and the chick facing away from us.
keep them coming :)

Richard Unsworth
06-25-2011, 02:09 PM
:S3:

Just amazing despite the issues above.
Shows real talent, patience and determination to get a shot like this
well done

gail bisson
06-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Amazing shot. I would love to be the author of this image. Have you tried a tighter crop? It might eliminate the "clipped a wing" issue. I love it and all of the issues mentioned do not detract (for me) one bit from the shot.
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
06-25-2011, 07:33 PM
For me the wing is cut in a good place, but its the tail that is clipped. I know its hard in the heat of the moment, but if you had room and time to move right that would have cleared trhe vegetation even more, and possibly get you a parallel angle to the chick (I know it is not always possible). Still, great timing on your part, and I love the low angle.

noelle zaleski
06-25-2011, 08:07 PM
Great low angle and wonderful moment captured :S3:

Satish Ranadive
06-26-2011, 10:54 AM
An amazing action captured.Splendid image.

thijs broekkamp
06-27-2011, 04:17 AM
Thanks for the comments!