PDA

View Full Version : Yellow Bittern - Baby

Waqar Amin
06-25-2011, 02:23 AM
Was strolling around to catch some terns feeding their babies and saw this baby fell from his/her nest.
He was shivering because he fell in pond, after taking a few snaps we tried putting him back in nest high up in the tree and he was screaming (but at the end he sit up in the tree).

CC always welcome.

7D, 840mm, ISO 400, 1/400, f8
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3107/5868934738_f679d60f54_o.jpg

Dave Leroy
06-25-2011, 09:49 AM
I really like the pose and bg and such a tremendous amount of detail.

Good choice of dof.
I might lighten up the area around the eye a bit as well as remove the one little white spot near base of bill.

An interesting story behind photo and i am not sure what i would have done in same situation. It would have been tough not to help out.
Dave

Tommy Rodgers
06-25-2011, 10:29 AM
Great capture here. The eye, HA, and detail do it for me. The crop is perhaps a tad tight. I too am unsure what to do with the baby under the circumstances. Perhaps others with more experience can enlighten us. Thanks for sharing you interesting image and story.

gail bisson
06-25-2011, 05:32 PM
I am so glad you put him back near the nest. I do not feel that this is interfering with life and nature at all. It is just giving a helping hand!
Great HA, BG and fluffy wet feather detail.
Good shot,
Gail

Daniel Cadieux
06-25-2011, 07:37 PM
What a vulnerable looking young fella! It looks so scared...

You could blacken the pupil for added punch to the eye. Normally I would have liked the HA to be a little bit more towards us, but here it seems to be shying away from you...I like that for this image and story. Maybe a bit more room in front too for the bill.

Waqar Amin
06-26-2011, 07:32 AM
Thank you Dave and Daniel for pointers.
Gail thank you for your understanding, was just trying to do my part.