PDA

View Full Version : Geranium Bud

Dave Leroy
06-24-2011, 07:58 PM
I like geraniums a lot and have many growing in my yard. I have been trying to get a good photo of one and having a tough time with a full flower so decided to try a new bud.
7D, 100mm f/2.8 macro, 1/15, f/16, ISO800, manual, tripod.

Photo has been cropped a bit.

Dave

John Platt
06-25-2011, 09:42 PM
Great detail and nice colors. Would love to know the PP work done.

Dave Leroy
06-26-2011, 09:55 PM
Thanks John.

I didn't do anything special that i can recall. the plant was in a pot so I was able to move to a spot where I had a nice dark bg and light was what I could get on the plant.

It was tricky to not blow out the red and magenta too much and still come close to the real thing.

I played around a bit with colour sliders in ACR and CS4 to try and keep those hot colours in check for as much detail as I could get. But in the end it was pretty close to what I shot.

Some NR on bg and a bit of contrast with curves and Smart Sharpen. It was pretty typical.

Thanks for asking.

Dave

Nancy Bell
06-26-2011, 10:52 PM
Lovely hairly little details on the green buds that contrast beautifully with the smooth lines of the deep red/magenta blossoms. I really like how the larger blossom on the right counter-balances the tighter and more compact blossoms on the left.

bhavya joshi
06-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Nice shot like the Hairy details too..Sharp, Beautiful and Like the Dark BG.. Nice Image Dave..:c3:

Brendan Dozier
06-27-2011, 10:50 AM
Well done, Dave! Love the soft lighting, fine details, and the dark BG really brings out the rich color very well. Very pleasing to the eyes.

Steve Maxson
06-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi Dave. Excellent detail and very nice light that brings out all those little hairs. The diagonal comp and dark background also work well. I would suggest removing the diagonal line in the ULC - otherwise, this is very well done.

Roman Kurywczak
06-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Hey Dave,
Besides the suggestions by Steve above....don't be shy:bg3:.....go to f22! That may have allowed the front facing and rear bud to be just as sharp as the rest. Still very well done overall!

Anita Bower
06-28-2011, 04:14 PM
Beautiful! I love all the details on this flower--the sparkly little hairs, the different shades of red. Beautiful light and presentation. Great work.

Bob Miller
07-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Dave ...really enjoying the soft light, fine details, and color.....Great shot!