PDA

View Full Version : Lightning over the Bighorn Basin

D. Robert Franz
06-24-2011, 11:28 AM
We had our 1st decent chance to do some lightning images yesterday afternoon. I had both a polarizer and a 3 stop ND fillter on to get the shutter speed slow enough. Used the Lightning Trigger!

Camera Model: Canon EOS-1D Mark IV
Shutter speed: 1/20 sec
Aperture: 7.1
Exposure mode: Tv
Flash: Off
Metering mode: Multi-segment
ISO: 100
Focal length: 70mm

Roman Kurywczak
06-24-2011, 12:22 PM
Hey Dale,
You caught a nice bolt! I like the lghting you have as well as the bands of rain coming down.....might try to tweak then a bit more.....just to give then even more prominance......but all in all a very nice job! I have the lightning trigger too but have since settled on using the vari-ND to get long exposures......since we aren't burning film the slow SS alows me to go through a storm and push the button as I can get 3-6 second exposures......and just keep pushing the button for a minute or 2! I still love the trigger when I know I am in an area with a lot of potential though. I love lightning!

Andrew Aveley
06-25-2011, 04:44 AM
Great bolt and I like the layers created !! Colours are really rich :eek:

Brendan Dozier
06-29-2011, 01:21 AM
Very cool lightning image! Like the composition and vibrant colors. Think Roman has point if you can bring out sheets of rain a bit more, but very nicely done!

John Ippolito
07-02-2011, 08:44 PM
Excellent color, composition and a sense of depth and space. Works well for me. Very nice image.