PDA

View Full Version : Reindeer battling the elements

Rene de Heer
03-28-2008, 02:41 AM
This image was taken during an incredible snow blizzard. I have been to Northern Scandinavian many times but never encountered a blizzard like this. We found this small group of Reindeer, staying close together they tried to make their way through the blizzard. I like the rawness of the image and i think because the image is rather minimalist, it makes it very powerful.

Nikon D3
200-400mm
Handheld
1/1600 sec, f/4
Mode: Av
Metering: Multi-segment
Exp comp: +1
ISO: 800
AF mode: AF-C

Rene de Heer

Fabs Forns
03-28-2008, 05:42 AM
I like it too, Renee, simple and powerful. I'd normally say that it's better for them to be facing you, but here, the struggle against the blizzard makes up for it.

Alfred Forns
03-28-2008, 06:40 AM
I like it as presented Powerful and simple !!!! The animal placement is just right and like how they are heading into the storm You were able to capture the mood perfectly !!!! Big Congrats !!!!!

Robert Amoruso
03-28-2008, 07:21 AM
Renee,

Thanks for posting. A powerful image. I feel you include enough of the blizzard in the framing of the reindeer to show how intense the storm is. Them going away from you enforces the struggle. Well done.

Mike Tracy
03-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Definitely conveys the hardships these animals are struggling against. As you said, it is a powerful image.

Del Cockroft
03-28-2008, 11:38 AM
A very striking picture.You can almost feel the cold in this image. Well done.