PDA

View Full Version : Dewdrop Dragonfly

Saravana Gurusamy
06-23-2011, 12:30 PM
Dragonfly covered in early morning dew on a cold winter day
Canon 7D, Canon 100mm f2.8 Non-IS, Av, f6.3, 1/320, ISO 800, -0.33 EV, Handheld, No Flash

http://www.gsaravana.com/images/Image_470.jpg

Jerry van Dijk
06-23-2011, 03:20 PM
Wonderful find, Saravana. A very lovely image. It's a pity that the dragonflies wings are damaged, but it's a jewel anyway with all that dew. I might add a little room below. Did you clone out the stem of the perch?

Carel v/d Sanden
06-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Beautiful dragonfly, beautiful drops across the dragonfly.
Beautifully sharp and wonderfully fresh colors.

Brendan Dozier
06-23-2011, 06:48 PM
This is brilliant looking, Saravana! It likes some jewled ornament, great sharp detail and color, the sparkling dew drops really make it a dazzling composition. Nicely done!

bhavya joshi
06-24-2011, 01:26 AM
Nice Captured.. Beautiful image.. Water drop are looking very intersecting. Excellent :c3:

Saravana Gurusamy
06-24-2011, 01:55 AM
Thank you all.
Hi Jerry, yes. I completely forgot about the stem and apologize for not mentioning it. The stem was running diagonally and not through the middle of the dragonfly. So I decided to clone it out. Thanks again for the feedback.

christopher galeski
06-24-2011, 02:58 AM
very nice image,love the water droplets,the damaged wing,make it look like it is made of glass.thanks.

Roman Kurywczak
06-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Hey Saravana,
I do have to drop you a PM about the guidelines on using first and last name :w3 as I am the guy keeping an eye on that. I think the light and position here are excellent! I don't mind the tight comp and while I generally prefer whole specimens......the damaged wing does add a bit to the overall scene. Very nicely done!

Jerry van Dijk
06-24-2011, 02:41 PM
Hi Saravana, I guessed that you removed the stem because the plant and dragonfly seem to be suspended in midair. It's a funny coincidence that exactly the same happened in the post above yours!

Dave Leroy
06-24-2011, 04:29 PM
Lovely image and well captured. I like the comment that the damaged wing makes it look like a work of glass.

I too would prefer a bit more room on bottom. I might also have a look at removing the two bits of grass or stem projecting from dragon fly.

Lovely photo and very well done.

Dave

Steve Maxson
06-25-2011, 09:28 AM
Hi Saravana. This is a striking image - the light, sharpness, and background are all first rate and all the water drops make the image special. A couple tweaks are mentioned above for you to consider. If not for the damaged wing, this would be a prize winner. :cheers: