PDA

View Full Version : Royal Yellow rose, Queen Mother's Garden, Edinburgh

Hazel Grant
06-22-2011, 05:19 PM
The Royal Botannical Gardens, The Queen Mother's Garden--exquisite. Slight sat and selective color adjust. Added a slight bit of greenery to the bottom. Thinking about a square crop?????
D40x, 1/50, manual, f16, iso200, 62mm. hand held

Dave Leroy
06-22-2011, 09:12 PM
Nice and sharp for hand held and wish I could do that.
I also wondered about a square crop. The two sides don't add a lot for me and the left may detract some.

It is a lovely image and if mine I might bump the contrast of the flower a bit and perhaps a tad more sharpening.

Dave

Roman Kurywczak
06-23-2011, 09:01 AM
Hi Hazel,
I'd go with the square crop as the sides don't really add to the image. I like Dave's idea of a bit of contrast boost also. If you are OK with such things....you may consider evicting or repairing hte petal around 2 o'clock. Minor tweaks will take this up another notch.

Brendan Dozier
06-23-2011, 10:24 AM
I agree, Hazel, this is really lovely rose image you captured. Beautiful color, nice detail, and contrast well with the dark green leaves. Good suggestions made by Dave & Roman. Nice one!

Hazel Grant
06-23-2011, 03:22 PM
Thanks. I'll work on the contrast boost and no, I'm not against removing or repairing that 2 oclock petal. Appreciate the remarks.

Steve Maxson
06-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Hi Hazel. Beautiful colors, nice light, and good sharpness. Some good tweaks have already been suggested - here's another vote for a square crop. Well done.