PDA

View Full Version : Ringed Plover

Jonathan Ashton
06-22-2011, 05:15 PM
Canon 7D Canon 500mm f4 L Is & 1.4TC1 ISO 400 +0.67 1/1250 sec f7.1
I managed to get to within 9.3m of this bird, I think I could have got closer but I suspect that would have been pushing my luck just a bit. I stayed with it for about 15 min during which time it changed position and preened itself, I found this particularly pleasing as I concluded that I could not have been disturbing the bird in anyway. When I stood up slowly to leave it merely gave me a backwards glance and raised a foot, I just had to get one last shot.
All C & C welcome.

Daniel Cadieux
06-22-2011, 06:54 PM
You worked your subject well, and earned its trust. Good exposure, sharpness, habitat. Low angle works well too. For me, it didn't turn its' head back enough (wish it was parallel to the sensor) and I would eliminate the pale arching band just rounding above the head. Looking forward to more from this series!

Arthur Morris
06-23-2011, 01:45 AM
I like both the image and Dan's most excellent critique. For a reason that I cannot grasp, the somewhat unorthodox head angle pretty much works for me here. Just a bit off the left would tighten this up a bit. Good use of d-o-f where it was needed. A bit more on the rear of the bird would have been great.

We have seen a few of these here in Norway with zero luck.....