PDA

View Full Version : guinea fowl and rhino

peter delaney
06-22-2011, 01:52 AM
the colour vresion of a previous black and white post for comparison...

Ofer Levy
06-22-2011, 03:28 AM
I prefer this over the B&W.
Here is a tighter crop which helps the rhinos look a bit bigger...:w3

Rachel Hollander
06-22-2011, 08:35 AM
Peter - I think I prefer the b&w, something about the colors of the bg here but I do like Ofer's suggested comp. I still think the GF add something to the image :w3.

TFS,
Rachel

Vivaldo Damilano
06-22-2011, 09:09 AM
The coloured version is more alive and 3D, prefer it. The B&W version still works very nicely for me though :bg3: I like Ofer crop but prefer the opener as one would be cropping out BG trees and sky. TFS:cheers:

Steve Kaluski
06-22-2011, 01:12 PM
Now I am torn between the two Peter. :eek::eek:

Personally I think they both have their own merits and should be viewed as standalone versions. I really like the light in the colour version, with the nice purples and magenta hues running through. In addition, for me, the GF work well in the colour version and are less distracting and likewise achieving what you originally set out for in your OP. Regarding the crop, again happy as presented. Personal choice, prefer the colour version.

One thing Peter, whether it's because these images are shot wider rather than the more 'portrait' style, but it's interesting that the POV has a softer feel with minimal sharpening offering a different take on things. Be interesting to see one of these in print, 20 x 30 say. :w3

TFS
Steve

peter delaney
06-22-2011, 04:13 PM
hi Guys and gals....
I think I prefer the colour version too...
Ofer, ...thanks for the repost but that crop just looses impact .. sorry! appreciate the input..

Thanks Vivaldo and Rachel...

Steve , appreciate the feedback... have not decided if this will make the print list yet.. agree about the POV.. this was shot at iso 2500 so only selectively sharpen the Rhinos a little...

thanks again one and all

Morkel Erasmus
06-22-2011, 04:57 PM
Peter, I do like both but find that, like you, I prefer the colour version. The tones are very nice, the light soft, and the scene very engaging. Would perhaps sharpen momma a bit as presented.
:t3

Harshad Barve
06-24-2011, 02:48 AM
Excellent image Peter , liked it very much as posted
TFS

Dumay de Boulle
06-24-2011, 05:56 AM
I have to say I like both, but the colors has a bit of a purple to it so I would still go with the B&W