PDA

View Full Version : Gooseberry Falls 10ND

Steve Adkins
06-21-2011, 06:04 PM
Gooseberry Falls on the North shore of Lake Superior.
Cloudy day.
FF, 34 sec @ f22 using a 10 stop ND filter.
Cloned trees to cover a bright spot on the ULC.
Fun to see the foam swirls from the long exposure.
All C&C welcome.

dankearl
06-22-2011, 12:36 AM
The pool is awesome.
The falls look pretty good at 34 seconds!
I am surprised they have as much texture as they do.
I would like more room on the right as the pool is the best feature.

Andrew Aveley
06-22-2011, 12:58 AM
Great use of this filet to get all water smoothing effects. Great inclusion of waters circular motion. like the balance but agree with Dan on little more on RHS:c3:

Rachel Hollander
06-22-2011, 07:17 AM
Steve - I agree with the above. Great use of the filter for the swirling effect but would prefer a little more room to the right.

TFS,
Rachel

Steve Adkins
06-22-2011, 11:30 AM
Thanks a bunch for your comments! Very helpful.
The original was full frame and I didn't have any other images that included more of the right side, so...
just for fun - expanded canvas to right and used a combination of content aware fill and cloning.
Now it may need a crop. :S3:

Roman Kurywczak
06-22-2011, 02:58 PM
Hey Steve,
I love using that filter to get swirls! Try it on leaves......works great there too. I like the OP crop......although I would have preferrred more on the bottom because the swirl is a strong componenet of the image. Just keep that in mind when composing with swirls in the future. All in all....still very well handled and very well done!

Steve Adkins
06-22-2011, 03:27 PM
Thanks Roman. Great tip about leaves. Will make a windy day more fun. :S3:

dankearl
06-22-2011, 06:33 PM
Steve, repost is really good.
I am such a rank amateur that I don't know how you added to the photo, but you did a nice job.
Now, just clone in the rest of the pool!
Well done.

Andrew McLachlan
06-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Steve, I love the swirling water and the pinkish bedrock. Very nice comp. If it were mine I would clone out the fence on the far riverbank. Nice work!