PDA

View Full Version : Damselfly nymph

Steve Maxson
06-21-2011, 10:17 AM
This little (about 15 mm) Damselfly nymph is blending in and remaining motionless - as if its life depended on it - which it does. Because of their small size, they are on the menu for any larger predator - even a larger damselfly nymph. The three "tails" are actually external gills and are characteristic of damselflies. 5D II, 100 mm macro, 1/160, f/16, ISO 400, MT-24EX macro twin flash (diffused), tripod, cable release. Photo taken in my 2 gallon aquarium setup. I removed many tiny bits of debris from the water and ran NR on the background. All comments are welcome and appreciated.

Brendan Dozier
06-21-2011, 03:57 PM
Super job on this, Steve. Love the fine details, diagonal line, and it has that great glow to it, especially like the glow to the vegetation on this one. Very cool looking critter, I give it 3 cools on the coolness scale: :c3::c3::c3: and round of brews! :cheers:

bhavya joshi
06-22-2011, 01:56 AM
Nice creature you have in tank.. I like the angle and details.. good shot.. Steve. :5

Carel v/d Sanden
06-22-2011, 02:54 AM
With this kind of photography I have no experience.
But I can appreciate it.
Think this is beautiful,

Roman Kurywczak
06-22-2011, 03:01 PM
Hey Steve,
The environs are really helping here! Might carefully deep six the green cutting across tail.......but another fantastic one!