Nikon D200
300mm f/4 w/ 1.4tc
Focal length 420mm
F/5.6
1/400
iso 400
-0.3ev
Aperture priority

Comments are always need it and appreciated.
Thank you:D

Gus Cobos
03-27-2008, 09:22 PM
Hey Oscar,
Love the composition, bird placement and the background colors.. The whites on the bottom of the bird's neck is a little hot. I took it upond myself to make some corrections. I gave it just a little contrast, increased the color hue just a wee bit, and sharpened it just a tad. What do you think?:D

Oscar Zangroniz
03-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Great, much better.
Thank you

Alfred Forns
03-27-2008, 11:05 PM
I like the pose Oscar The slight open beak is a plus Not sure if you could have worked your way to a bette bg The white patches detracts from the bird

Gus you did improve some aspects but it looks over processed?

Bruce Gove
03-28-2008, 12:53 AM
I agree with Alfred. and in my liminted experience this is tough lighting . It would instantly have more pop if the bird was fully front-lit. Like the way the neck comes out of the corner and the open beak is very cool..

Bruce

William Malacarne
03-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Oscar

I like this one a lot except for the white on the front bottom of the bird.....It is not a photo breaker though but if wanted it might withstand a crop just above it.

Bill

Harold Davis
03-28-2008, 05:12 PM
i love this pic. i find it sometimes difficult to photograph the GBH, but this compo works for me!! i gave my 2 cents worth and here it is. i may have gone a tad overboard on the USM.

al, you can use that viveza that you have to actually select the dark side of the bird and lighten. i used the color control point in cnx to do it, but i checked the viveza tutorials and it looks to do the exact same thing. please correct me if i'm wrong. that's a powerful tool for PS.

Oscar Zangroniz
03-28-2008, 05:49 PM
Thanks Harold, I like it. Received the Sigma earlier today, looks like a very nice lens. Can't wait for sunday.
Regards,

Oscar Zangroniz
03-28-2008, 05:52 PM
Thank you all for your critiques. All valuable and good suggestion, hopefully I'll start improving.
Again, thank you.