PDA

View Full Version : come in to my parlour said the spider tothe fly.

christopher galeski
06-21-2011, 02:51 AM
took this image yesterday,the fly was still alive,hit the web,and out came the spider,grabed it,and started to inject it,to paralize it.cannon7d.cannon 100mm f2.8,is macro lens,tripod,a few tweaks in ps,slight crop.comments good or bad,I have not taken a lot of macro shots.thanks.

Roman Kurywczak
06-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Hey Christopher,
You didn't post your f-stop and SS....but judging the DOF, I wish you had just a bit more. I don't think I needed the legs tack......but a bit more on the face. I happen to like the high key look of the BG here......although it does make the web a bit harder to distinguish.....I can make a few out to give it some depth. If you can sharpen the spider face a bit more.....this one will shine!

christopher galeski
06-21-2011, 10:49 AM
thanks Roman for your comments,here areimage details,F16,0.4sec,+0.1.67ev,iso200.thanks again.

Steve Maxson
06-21-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi Christopher. Yup, please remember to post your ss and f/stop as that will help us make more-informed comments. I think Roman nailed the critique. The fly looks great and if you can squeeze a little more sharpness out of the spider's head, that will put this one over the top. :S3:

Brendan Dozier
06-21-2011, 03:44 PM
This is a very cool behavior image, Christopher. Love the detail and interaction. Roman & Steve make good suggestions, but nicely done.

bhavya joshi
06-22-2011, 02:08 AM
Nice moment captured.. Nice sharpness .. and Roman had already explain nicely.:c3: