View Full Version : Lesser Marbled Fritillary

thijs broekkamp
06-20-2011, 01:09 PM
sigma 150mm
tripod
iso 400
f9
1/50e

http://i957.photobucket.com/albums/ae54/thijsbroekkamp/eifelpurperstreepparelmoervlinder.jpg

Jerry van Dijk
06-20-2011, 01:35 PM
This is excellent, Thijs! Wonderful species, wonderful execution, great perch and BG. I may have chosen one stop down to try and get the end of the antenna in focus. Also the end of the wings goes just a little bit soft which would have been fixed by that. But hey, that's bordering nitpicking. Excellent work!

Roman Kurywczak
06-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Hey Thijs,
I agree that a bit more DOF may have been preferable......but this turned out very nicly with wonderful light. You may want to experiment with toning down the lowest flowers a bit.....not too much......just to minimize their impact even further. All in all......very nicely done with great isolation.

Steve Maxson
06-21-2011, 10:40 AM
Hi Thijs. This is a beauty! Excellent detail around the butterfly's head, the exposure is right on, and it's all set against a very nice background. You have some good suggestions above to consider. You might also try some additional selective sharpening on the rear half of the wings as I think that will put this one over the top. :S3: Well done.

bhavya joshi
06-22-2011, 02:18 AM
Nice Shots Thijs.. Nice Details one butterfly I like perch too.. and BG. Good one.

thijs broekkamp
06-22-2011, 03:10 AM
Thanks for the comments!
I would to prefered some more dof, but this wasn't possible because there was a very strong wind and with a smaller aperature i would have a (to) slow shutterspeed.

Good idea to tone down the flowers:S3: