PDA

View Full Version : Out of the Gates!

Daniel Cadieux
06-19-2011, 07:33 PM
The colours and patterns of the evening clouds were pretty amazing a couple of nights ago so I decided to have a bit of cloudscaping fun. Just messing around with settings and compositions from the comfort of my home (through an open window) with no real intentions of keeping anything. When reviewing the images on the camera's LCD I immediately saw a horse...even with an eye!...jumping out of the clouds in the upper part of the image (can you see it?:S3:). OK, so I got a surprise keeper or two out of the exercise...and lots of fun!

Canon 7D + 100-400L @220mm, aperture priority, evaluative metering, 1/250s., f/8, ISO 100, -0.3 EC. handheld, FF.

Dave Mills
06-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Hi Daniel, Pretty neat that the horse is so recognizable . Many interesting images have been made this way. Debating with myself about cropping to about an inch below the horse in order to accentuate it. Not an easy call since the clouds below add to the frame of reference. See what others think...

Brendan Dozier
06-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Nicely seen, Daniel. It does look like a horse charging forward. The clouds, light, and soft colors, make for a beautiful abstract composition. I see what Dave means, but like the vertical crop and think there's more for the eye to enjoy the way it is. Well done, sir!

Rachel Hollander
06-20-2011, 08:48 PM
Daniel - definitely see the horse. Can also see a person's face to the right of the horse.

TFS,
Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
06-21-2011, 08:58 AM
Hey Daniel,
I really like the colors and the contrast here. I would go with a crop off the bottom.....just emphasizes the horse for me more but that is personal preference. All in all, very well done!

Andrew Aveley
06-22-2011, 01:08 AM
Really interesting clouds ( including the stallion :) ) I would be tempted to crop also and even add maybe some local contrast enhancement to add a little 'pop':c3:

Andrew McLachlan
06-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Daniel, nice cloud-scape including the horse! I agree these can be loads of fun to shoot!