PDA

View Full Version : Fishing

Grace Scalzo
06-19-2011, 04:16 PM
A wonderful tidal flat forms on our town beach at low tide and all the waders come in to feed on the bait fish that end up along the edge of the receding water, providing nice opportunities for me. This is a very slight crop with a few highlights removed from the legs in processing. I did not realize it while shooting, but I like the hint of the yellow foot showing through the wave.

Thank you for looking.

Canon 1Dmk4, 500 f4 + lowered tripod
ISO400, f 5.6, 1/1600

Daniel Cadieux
06-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Nice! I like the pose, low angle, and curled fish. Yes, the hint of yellow foot is a neat bonus. I wouldn't mind seeing a little less room behind, but still OK as is.

gail bisson
06-19-2011, 05:44 PM
The whites are excellent. The curved fish really makes this an interesting picture to look at. Bird is a bit too centered and agree with daniel.
Gail

Chad Caswell
06-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Agreed with above, I would also remove the white specks in the bkg, I don't believe they add anything to the image.

Very nice capture!

Brendan Dozier
06-19-2011, 08:31 PM
I like this a lot, Grace. Nice pose and fish, foot, ripples, and water drops in the air all add interest to this composition. Like the shallow DOF and neutral colored BG gives good contrast to the bird.

Stu Bowie
06-20-2011, 12:08 AM
Well exposed and sharp Grace, and I do like the curled fish in the beak. Good low perspective, and I like the colour of the water.

noelle zaleski
06-20-2011, 04:38 AM
Very nice Grace!

I love the curled fishy :S3:

christopher galeski
06-20-2011, 04:55 AM
nice image Grace,love the curled fish,and ripples,agree about the bird being a little too centred,but still a great image.thanks.

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Grace, excellent pose and the curled fish is awesome. Good composition with the line of sight pointing into the corner. Low angle, IQ, exp...everything looks good here.

Grace Scalzo
06-20-2011, 12:42 PM
Thanks to everyone for your comments. Interesting observations about my comp as some liked it and some had suggestions for change, which I can appreciate. The light was filtered through some high thin clouds which helped with exposure and gave that nice water color. As to the flecks...I wish you could see a larger version. There is a ring of splashes surrounding the fish and also some from the bird shaking it. So I'll leave them in, but I understand your objection to the way they look as presented here.

Ofer Levy
06-21-2011, 09:41 AM
I like the action and awesome sharpness! Composition looks spot on to me.