PDA

View Full Version : Water Lily Time

Roman Kurywczak
06-19-2011, 01:01 PM
From Longwood Gardens this Thursday. Next month and a half will be prime there!
Canon 1D Mark lll with the Sigma 180mm macro at f32 and 1/125 sec. and ISO 800 with the MT 24 twin lights at +2. HH, Slight crop right and top and a few flash highlights removed. Saved at 77 quality to fit.

To all the Fathers out there......Happy Fathers Day!

Nick Palmieri
06-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Nice placement and beautiful colors. I wish that one leaf at 5:00 was absent. On my laptop I am seeing a branch extending into the frame from the upper left corner. I like the color and texture of the lily pad in the FG.

Roger Clark
06-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Roman,

This is simply astounding! How do you get the background leaf dark and the flowers so (relatively) bright? Is this a focusing effect of the flash, or post processing, or both?

Roger

Roman Kurywczak
06-21-2011, 09:31 AM
Roman,

This is simply astounding! How do you get the background leaf dark and the flowers so (relatively) bright? Is this a focusing effect of the flash, or post processing, or both?

Roger

Sorry Roger for the late reply......at f32 I am underexposing the ambient light........so light falloff is quick. The flashed really make the water lilly pop......and I give the final punch in PP'ing.....but that is the least amount of work on the image

Steve Maxson
06-21-2011, 10:32 AM
Hi Roman. You do very well with these lilies! Very nice light on the flower, great detail on the flower and leaf, the black background works well, and I like the off-center comp. A beautiful image!

Brendan Dozier
06-21-2011, 03:39 PM
This is just awesome, Roman. The colors are so rich and vibrant, it almost looks like an fine illustration. Black BG really makes it pop, love the whole composition! :cheers:

bhavya joshi
06-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Just..wow.. Roman.. Super glowy flowers.. Nice colors.. Beautifful image.. :cheers: