PDA

View Full Version : Royal Troon

Joel Eade
06-18-2011, 08:14 AM
This a hand held 5 shot HDR from The Royal Troon golf course on the west coast of Scotland. The Isle of Aaron is in the distance.

Taken with 1D3 + 28-135mm f/3.5 lens at 80mm iso 100 f/7.1

Tone mapped with Photomatix Pro and then used CS5 with Topaz Denoise

Dave Mills
06-18-2011, 09:39 AM
Hi Joel, nice job steadily hand holding a 5 shot HDR. Good positioning of the road having it offset. I also like the placement of the house in conjunction with the out building. Another idea would be to crop the sky down to just above the dark clouds on the rt...

Rachel Hollander
06-18-2011, 09:53 AM
Joel - nicely done especially hh. I too like the path as a leading line and the color. Agree with Dave's suggestion to take some off the top. I certainly would not want to wind up in the rough there.

TFS,
Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
06-19-2011, 09:18 AM
Hey Joel,
I don't recommend doing HDR's HH.....but you did pretty well. I do think that this could use a bit more PP'ing......the LLC is a bit bright when compared to the rest of the scene and I think it would be best if you went into the grasses and lightned them and brought out more contrasts and details. I'd then go into the sky and see if I could tame the highlights and bring out more details in the clouds......especially the greyish one in the UR and along the top. Eeeking up all shose details will take this up a notch or 2 and then I'd go with the crop off the top as suggested. Just some ideas for you to explore!