PDA

View Full Version : Eastern Bluebird

Jason G. Harrison
06-16-2011, 02:55 PM
Right now, the Bluebirds in the yard are simply camera hogs. No matter where I go in the yard, the soon follow and perch and sing and study what I am doing. Normally this would be fine, but twice now, they have chased off my target subjects, Great Crested Flycatchers! Any perch offering a mid level view of the yard they use a great deal. A row of Yucca plants along a field row offer many perching possibilities. With the flowering spikes...many birds perch on them.

D300s, 600VR, f/7.1, 1/1250th, Manual exposure, taken while in my blind
http://www.jasongharrison.com/images/publicimages/EasternBluebird10.jpg
Hope you enjoyed, as always C&C welcomed and encouraged.

Jason

gail bisson
06-16-2011, 04:19 PM
Jason,
I refuse to hear you complain about bluebirds!! I have yet to get a good shot of this bird ( they don't come to Cape Breton).
This is a lovely shot. The perch and the diagonal line it creates is lovely. You have a beautiful BG and lovely comp. This is a winner so no belly-aching about this!!!:bg3:
Now, can I come to your house?
Gail

Brendan Dozier
06-16-2011, 07:21 PM
Wow! Just beautiful, Jason. Awesome IQ, exp., color, BG and perfectly framed. I'm tempted to clean up that tiny spec on the beak, but this is outstanding! :cheers:

jack williamson
06-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Way to go Jason I like everything about it. Sharp, well exposed, bg, perch, all top notch.

Jack