PDA

View Full Version : Grey-tailed Tattler

Tom Rambaut
06-15-2011, 08:05 PM
It is coming up to one year since I picked up a camera and must say I enjoy this hobby, be it an expensive one, a lot. I have learned a lot off the forum. I hope to post new and improved images in a few weeks time when I return from my annual trip to the desert.

This was taken a few weeks ago about a hours drive north of Sydney. I was following this one and managed to slip and fall - it is amazing that the thought of dropping a 500mm lens in salt water will allow you to sacrifice your body. It, the lens, got a bit of a light splash and I spent the next week seeing a physiotherapist for my back.

7d, 500mm HH, 1/1250 @ 4, iso 500, EV +1/3.

Thanks all Tom

Stu Bowie
06-16-2011, 12:42 AM
Tom, good look back pose, and I can see your thought of a horizontal here, with the pebble on the right balancing the comp. Having said that, I feel a vertical will work here too. The feather detail looks good, and those yellow legs stand out very well. I feel this needs a bit of CW rotation.

Leo Berzins
06-16-2011, 02:59 AM
I like the pose and composition here Tom.
Hope your back is fully recovered. Looking forward to your desert images.

christopher galeski
06-16-2011, 04:22 AM
nice shot Tom,nice detail in the feathers,nice pose,not so keen on the horizontal,I think I would go for vertical,but every one to there own.nice image.thanks.

gail bisson
06-16-2011, 04:52 AM
Love the story that goes with this image!:S3:
I like the look back pose and the ? rock ? snail really balances it out. I agree with a touch of CW rotation. I like the horizontal frame because of the rock. A lovely shot and worth every bit of back pain!!:bg3:
Gail