PDA

View Full Version : Tricolored Heron

Lorant Voros
06-15-2011, 01:17 PM
Sometimes you can see many beautiful things while driving. This heron was spotted in some wetland close to Cancun.

1DMKIII
500mm+1.4
ISO400
f:8
1/1600
Handheld

stuart wanuck
06-15-2011, 01:35 PM
nice feather detail interesting posture

Arthur Morris
06-15-2011, 02:17 PM
Best thing here: a perfect preening head angle. Otherwise well done on all counts and I love its little rock as well as the drooped wing. You are a posting maniac!

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-15-2011, 03:07 PM
What a pose and nice view of the head and eye. As Artie mentioned, the drooped wing and those primaries are awesome.

Lorant Voros
06-15-2011, 03:44 PM
Best thing here: a perfect preening head angle. Otherwise well done on all counts and I love its little rock as well as the drooped wing. You are a posting maniac!

Thanks everyone for the comments.

Artie, you are way too nice:-). To be honest I was dying for the last 7 months being in big cities working for the circus companies and neglecting nature. I lived again during my two weeks in the South of Mexico, sleeping for a few hours, waking up at 4:30AM every day to be out there. I don't have to tell you how it feels. So I have a few photos that is filled with this energy and happiness I feel while being in nature and doing what I love and I am happy to share those in this forum where I get the honest critic and feedback.

Thanks again, everyone.

Lorant

Arthur Morris
06-15-2011, 03:49 PM
And we are glad that you have chosen to share them with us. I am headed to arctic Norway on SAT for a week in the wilderness with Dovekies and breeding plumage Purple Sandpipers among others.....

Lorant Voros
06-15-2011, 04:02 PM
And we are glad that you have chosen to share them with us. I am headed to arctic Norway on SAT for a week in the wilderness with Dovekies and breeding plumage Purple Sandpipers among others.....

I hope one day I can accompany you on one of your trips to learn from you and share the energy of nature. Enjoy the trip, stay safe and share many images with us.

Arthur Morris
06-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Thanks and will do and good plan. My understanding is that we will have fast internet above the arctic circle! But, there will be sunlight 24 hours per day.....

Marina Scarr
06-15-2011, 07:41 PM
This is a KILLER pose. What I like as much as the HA, is the feathers and how they have separated and formed a part down the heron's back. Very clean and the grasses work well in the FG. Very pleasing capture.

christopher galeski
06-16-2011, 04:52 AM
nice one Lorant,good feather detail head angle,good BG,good comp.thanks.

Dumay de Boulle
06-16-2011, 06:47 AM
Lovely Heron...I like the complimentary colors and pose. perfect shooting angle and BG! Nicely done Laront!

Nico Steenberg
06-16-2011, 04:35 PM
Great preening pose and detail captured ! I like the comp and the IMG is perfect exposed Well done on this !