PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo

Andrew Merwin
06-15-2011, 09:52 AM
Artie said that in full sun get in close. So, that is what I did with this shot.
ISO 400, f/5, 1/500, 0ev, 100-400@250. This is nearly FF with a bit removed from the bottom & RHS.

Vivaldo Damilano
06-15-2011, 01:00 PM
Hi Andrew, you managed to get good detail in the head area but IMO this image is overexposed and to bright. It must be a very difficult subject to get the exposure right but maybe you will be able to recover some highlights from your raw file. The comp and low angle works very well.

Andrew Merwin
06-15-2011, 02:03 PM
Thanks for your observation about the image being too bright & over exposed. Do you think the this image is better?

Pieter de Waal
06-15-2011, 03:29 PM
Hi Andrew, repost is much better. Nice detail and HA.

gail bisson
06-15-2011, 03:52 PM
repost is excellent! It is like a whole new picture! Love the fur detail!
Gail Great

Hilary Hann
06-15-2011, 07:17 PM
Repost much better. You may find you can extract a little more detail from the dark part of the bison. I would have preferred a little more space on the lhs for the bison to look into but it is a really nice image.

Andrew Merwin
06-15-2011, 07:27 PM
Thanks everyone for your very helpful comments & suggestions. I have implemented them & the image is much improved. Thanks again.

Vivaldo Damilano
06-16-2011, 01:19 AM
Nicely done Andrew, this is much better. I still find the image a bit to bright, tone it down a bit more and it will be perfect :S3: The Bison Face looks good IMO, so wouldn't darken that area.

Steve Kaluski
06-16-2011, 03:04 AM
Hi Andrew, certainly the repost is much better, however I think you could still get some more depth out of the image, good low POV.

You may also want to look at how you are saving the image, as it appears not to have an embedded profile in it?

TFS
Steve

Morkel Erasmus
06-17-2011, 05:13 PM
nice details in this closeup Andrew...I wish that this was taken in kinder light though! :e3

Rachel Hollander
06-17-2011, 05:16 PM
Andrew - definitely looks like harsh lighting situation. Repost is an improvement IMO. Was this YNP?

TFS,
Rachel

Andrew Merwin
06-17-2011, 06:14 PM
nice details in this closeup Andrew...I wish that this was taken in kinder light though! :e3

Andrew - definitely looks like harsh lighting situation. Repost is an improvement IMO. Was this YNP?

TFS,
Rachel

Me too Morkel. Next time the light will be kinder. This was essentially a grab shot. I was leaving YNP when I saw the image. I stopped my truck, grabbed my camera, jumped out of the truck & grabbed a few frames.

Yes Rachel. YNP. I live about a 90 minute drive away from the North Entrance so I make day trips to YNP which sometimes results in harsh lighting situations because the timing is sometimes wrong for the best light.

Sabyasachi Patra
06-21-2011, 12:26 AM
Hi Andrew,

You are fortunate to be living that close to Yellowstone. I spend that much time driving to office daily. :-(

I agree with the previous comments. The repost is better. Still some more juice can be extracted from the image. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Sabyasachi