PDA

View Full Version : Back pack for large lens and tripod

Ray Rozema
06-14-2011, 10:25 PM
Hello

I remember seeing something about a 'backpack' for camera, large lens and tripod such that the tripod remains attached and the legs pass thru 'holes' in the pack". Does anyone have information on it or comments on how well it works?

thankyou very much
Ray Rozema:e3

Jakob Magnus
06-15-2011, 01:48 AM
Eberlestock Halftrack and Eberlestock FAC Track are strong militarybackpacks, but also well designed for photographygear. I use the Halftrack for equpment like 600mm + 300mm + 2 camerabodies + 70-200mm + 17-40mm plus a lot of additional gear. As a cool feature, the Halftrack backpack from Eberlestock offers on both sides a "throughput-hole" between the sidepockets and the mainbodie of the pack. Ideal to carry tripods on both sides or a foldingchair and similar stuff. Also the webbed MOLLE stripes all over the pack allows you to attach more puches and puckets for smaller lenses oder things like telekonverters.

over the last 3 years i used my Eberlestock Backpack all over the world and won't miss it anymore.

i've wrote an small review about on my website, but its written in german - sry! Maybe you get some ideas of what i'm talking about, so take a look at the images ->

http://www.jmagnus.de/artikel/136-eberlestock-halftrack