PDA

View Full Version : Theme Mom and Chick

Neil Nourse
06-14-2011, 07:52 PM
Another one taken while on Denise's workshop.
Removed another OOF chick and cleanup done on background. Slight dodge and burn, Smart sharpen.
1DmIII, 500f4+2x, Ap, 1/200, f/9, ISO 1600, FF with BB.

Thanks D for letting me borrow the 2X :S3:

Arthur Morris
06-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Where was I for that??? Love the log family portrait. Me thinks you have overdone the BLACKs a bit making the image look too contrasty.....

James Shadle
06-14-2011, 11:39 PM
Neil,
Very nice family portrait!
I really like the composition and the eye contact with the viewer.

On my laptop adjusted to view the calibration bar correctly, the contrast looks OK.

Thanks,
James

Troy Lim
06-14-2011, 11:53 PM
Lovely family portrait. Love the composition and high key feel to the image.

christopher galeski
06-15-2011, 02:57 AM
nice family portrait Neil,like the log .thanks.

gail bisson
06-15-2011, 04:48 AM
This is very nice! I really like the log. Makes it very visually appealing. I also like that their heads are parallel to one another. Great shot,
Gail

noelle zaleski
06-15-2011, 05:31 AM
This is a nice family portrait Neil, I like how they are using the log for safety :S3:

Ofer Levy
06-15-2011, 06:24 AM
I like this! Blacks and contrast look spot on to me. Would crop a bit tighter.

Herb Houghton
06-15-2011, 06:58 AM
Nice behavior shot, nice smooth BGD. I agree maybe a tighter crop would be better.

Neil Nourse
06-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Artie, I think this is the night you were shooting the blurs. It was shortly after we got out.

I have posted the original and would like your opinions on how I processed the image. Did I over do the background?? What if anything would you have done differently?

Thanks a lot for any input, it's how I am learning. :S3: Neil

Arthur Morris
06-15-2011, 07:05 AM
On my laptop adjusted to view the calibration bar correctly, the contrast looks OK. James

Here I need to disagree with my partner and friend: nn my laptop adjusted to view the calibration bar correctly the image is way too contrasty for my taste, especially when compared to the original. :) All is of course a matter of taste and variation in monitors and ambient light.

Arthur Morris
06-15-2011, 07:08 AM
Artie, I think this is the night you were shooting the blurs. It was shortly after we got out. I have posted the original and would like your opinions on how I processed the image. Did I over do the background?? What if anything would you have done differently?Thanks a lot for any input, it's how I am learning. :S3: Neil

YAW. I would definitely have left in the 2nd chick. I would have cropped a bit looser while keeping the adult to the right. And would have greatly reduced the contrast. As I suggest in a semi-plover post the other day, by viewing the orig and then the optimized images in slide show mode for comparison, it is easy to see when we have over-done the color or contrast.....

James Shadle
06-16-2011, 07:27 PM
Here I need to disagree with my partner and friend: nn my laptop adjusted to view the calibration bar correctly the image is way too contrasty for my taste, especially when compared to the original. :) All is of course a matter of taste and variation in monitors and ambient light.

After installing a Acratech Viewing Angle Guide (http://www.outdoorphotogear.com/store/acratech-viewing-angle-gauge.html) and viewing this image, it does have more contrast than I originally perceived.

So I am amending my contrast statement to read "IMO it isslightly too contrasty":S3: