PDA

View Full Version : Lily

Jay Sheinfield
06-14-2011, 05:23 PM
Taken this morning at the local botanical gardens. More DOF would have been better. Clone small stem. Slight crop.

Nikon d7000
400mm
f7
1/1250

Hope you like it...........

Roman Kurywczak
06-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Hey Jay,
I like the way the colors pop off the dark BG. You got VG seperation on the stamen but I do wish you had a bit more in the petals......not that you could do anything about that in a botanical gardens.........so given the conditions.....I think this turned out very well!

Jay Sheinfield
06-15-2011, 04:26 PM
Roman, thanks...........agree, that more separation in the leaves would have been better. Didn't see it, until you pointed it out.

bhavya joshi
06-16-2011, 06:59 AM
Hi..Jay I also..like the BG. Nice combination.. and you can used Black BG too.. Like the light on petals. Nice shot

Julie Kenward
06-16-2011, 02:50 PM
Jay, I do give you kudos for getting the stamen out in the open so they really shine! The entire image has a great mood to it and I like the almost irridescent quality of the petals.

Steve Maxson
06-17-2011, 09:58 AM
Hi Jay. The bright colors of the flower really pop nicely against the dark background and the curve of the stem adds to a very nice comp. The image seems a little on the dark side - but I like the mood that creates so I wouldn't suggest changing that. I'm wondering if you noticed that one of the petals is missing - which is giving you that nice view of the stamens right down to the base. :S3: (Lilies have flower parts in multiples of 3 so there should be 6 petals.) Nevertheless, this is a very well done image showing the inner workings of a lily flower.

Jay Sheinfield
06-17-2011, 10:09 AM
Hey Steve, thanks for the feedback..........I didn't know about mulitples of 3. Also, wasn't aware of the missing pedal, just thought it was a fortunate view :S3: Yes, it was processed in "low-key" for effect.

Jonathan Ashton
06-17-2011, 11:06 AM
Lovely image -wouldn't change a thing - good job there was a petal missing!!:w3

Saravana Gurusamy
06-18-2011, 03:05 AM
Looks like the missing petal has opened up a beautiful picture. The bright red and white really complements well with the dark BG. I might add some more canvas on top. But a lovely picture overall. TFS

Anita Bower
06-20-2011, 06:15 AM
Love the graceful delicacy of this flower and image! Gorgeous light! The flower glows! The dof if dine with me. Excellent!