PDA

View Full Version : Chicago Night Skyline- HDR

Steve Bein
06-14-2011, 01:20 AM
I combined some images in both tungsten and daylight exposures. and did an erase to work on the foreground pedestal.

Rachel Hollander
06-14-2011, 09:18 AM
Steve - I've looked at this a few times (probably upped your view count). I like the warm colors but I am ambivalent about the pedestal on the lower left which is why I looked a few times. I think in the end (from a screen crop) I would prefer it without that pedestal and putting more emphasis on the skyline.

TFS,
Rachel

Dave Mills
06-14-2011, 12:49 PM
Hi Steve, I looked at Rachel's suggestion and cropped as a pano with the pedastal eliminated does make the sculpture a stronger element within the image since the pedastal is playing a dominant role.
With that being said due to the merge of the sculpture and the skyline the impact of the sculpture is reduced. I would have preferred there wasn't any hot areas on the sculpture but realise thats almost impossible due the lights underneath.
Finally, looking at it as a whole I find it an interesting image...

Roman Kurywczak
06-14-2011, 01:21 PM
Hey Steve,
Well......I could go with the pano......but I also like the balance of the OP. My only suggestion is to bring up the dark areas of the sculpture a bit.....but all in all, I like this as presented!

Morkel Erasmus
06-14-2011, 03:55 PM
I like this Steve...our cities down here have no real skylines to photograph, much less rivers running through them :2eyes2:

Maybe some more NR on the sky?