PDA

View Full Version : Tawny Coaster

ARIJIT BANERJEE
06-13-2011, 10:30 AM
The neighborhood on some days, offers a nice sight or two. The resplendent greens of eastern india if not bearing a bloom has a butterfly perched.

A Tawny Coster Butterfly (female?). Loved the perch. I really missed my macro lens. Used the Tele .

Pentax K5, Pentax DA* 300mm f4, 1/640 sec, f 6.3, ISO 500, -0.3 EV, handheld, spot metered.

http://i842.photobucket.com/albums/zz341/arijit_2001/3junetawnycoastercs5mac.jpg

Thanks in Advance,

Arijit

Roman Kurywczak
06-13-2011, 12:01 PM
Hey Arijit,
Comp and light look VG although as usual.....a slight angle towards us would have been preferable. As presented, I feel there is just too much space around the BF. A crop of about 1/2 the space below and right would work best for me.....and you may want to run another round of Noise reduction on the BG as a final touch. Just some options for you to explore. Nice job overall.

ARIJIT BANERJEE
06-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Hi Roman,

Thanks for the inputs. Well I can do both the crop and the NR. This sensor holds up to crops very very well. Next time round will try to shoot at a slight angle.

Allen Sparks
06-14-2011, 08:53 AM
Very nice image. Agree with Roman on the crop suggestion. well done overall.

Steve Maxson
06-14-2011, 11:03 AM
Hi Arijit and welcome to Macro! A 300 mm makes a very good "macro" lens for butterflies and the sharpness of your subject and the pleasantly blurred background illustrates this. Nice light and a good eye-level shooting angle. I would agree that the image would be even stronger if the subject was facing slightly toward us. The tighter crop suggested by Roman will also take the image up a notch. You're on the right track and I hope to see more of your work. :S3: