PDA

View Full Version : THE CALL OF THE MONSOONS

RakeshDhareshwar
06-13-2011, 12:26 AM
Had gone in search bitterns and other monsoon birds . The rains made it difficult for me to get the birds , but found this frog calling out for its mate , in a small pond . The BG and FG is the reflection of the leaves in the water .

Camera : Canon 1D Mk III
Lens : Canon 600mm f4 IS
Aperture : f4
Shutters : 1/100
Exp Comp : + .33 EV
Speed : ISO 200

Cheers ,
Rakesh

Brendan Dozier
06-13-2011, 09:54 AM
Rakesh, the beautiful BG and FG colors and texture combined with the frog's isolated rock island, make this a really interesting composition! Like the low angle, nice pose and texture on frog, and like how you placed him in frame, leaving space on right for him to call out to his mate. The only minor thing for me is the double reflection seems a bit distracting. Very nicely seen and captured!

ARIJIT BANERJEE
06-13-2011, 10:07 AM
No Common Toad ever looked this nice. The rich colors compliment the drab colored toad so nicely!

ARIJIT BANERJEE
06-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Made a hash of things, and probably messed by Mr. Dhareshwars' thread. Apologies

Arijit

Roman Kurywczak
06-13-2011, 11:57 AM
Hey Rakesh,
The colors and light look fantastic. I'm OK with the reflection but I would have preferred a slighltly better angle towards us.....and if you are OK with such things.....I would eliminate the whitish thing in the water at the base of the rock. If you prefer not to alter images that way....just try toning it down. All in all an interesting presentation with the 600mm!

Patrick Sparkman
06-13-2011, 09:45 PM
Love the color of the water and the composition with the frog on the left. Roman is right with angle, and the white thingy.

bhavya joshi
06-14-2011, 01:19 AM
Nice Rakesh Bhai.. Good shot.. Like the BG in motion. Nice pose.. But Agree with Roman.. about angle..
and good to see you are shooting this type of animals also..except birds...TFS.

Steve Maxson
06-14-2011, 10:50 AM
Hi Rakesh. Love the colors and patterns in the water and you captured the toad/frog in a great pose - though, yes, it would be even better if it was facing slightly toward us. The comp looks good as presented. As an alternate comp, you might consider cropping about 2/3 of the space below the rock and a little off the right. The image appears to need a little CW rotation. If you take the ruler tool and line up the front of the vocal sack with the corresponding area of the reflection you will see what I mean. :S3: Overall, this is well done.

OvidiuCavasdan
06-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Water color is fantastic and I like the scene. A better angle would have made this perfect. Still I like the image very much. Good use of the 600mm!:S3:

Jay Sheinfield
06-15-2011, 06:33 AM
This is a beauty. Great colors, and the reflection adds a lot of interest. Nicely framed. Well done.

Julie Kenward
06-16-2011, 02:59 PM
I also would have preferred another angle but that doesn't stop me from loving this image. The water and rock textures really collide to make for a super interesting toad photo!

Jonathan Ashton
06-17-2011, 11:11 AM
Absolutely gorgeous a really outstanding shot those colours are fantastic. I agree if the shot were taken a tad more from the right would have improved it a little but that is a shot to be proud of!

Saravana Gurusamy
06-18-2011, 03:09 AM
The posture, setting and that beautiful FG/BG... just awesome. You really know how to use a 600!! Great shot

christopher galeski
06-21-2011, 11:19 AM
very nice image,love the color and reflections in the water,agree about the white on the rock,and a bit more head turn towards us,but still a very nice image.thanks.