PDA

View Full Version : Theme Mates for life

Mike Tracy
06-12-2011, 06:49 PM
I haven't posted anything lately and this seems to fit the bill.

Barred Owls preening. Taken with Marina on a cold Fl. morning.Maybe a tad steep but I was thrilled to get them unobstructed.

MKIII, EF500@1.4x, 1/320, f/7.1, ISO 1000, HH

Daniel Cadieux
06-12-2011, 08:10 PM
That must have been something special to photograph two adult Barred Owls together on the same perch. With yellowed maple leaves this looks alot like up here in Canada during the fall season rather than Florida!!:t3 Avery tender moment captured. As posted I would have preferred less room below and more above, but a very neat opportunity well taken.

Dumay de Boulle
06-13-2011, 03:20 AM
I like the incl of the Maple leafs and there colors...Definitely gives a mood and time of year to the image.. Nice moment captured. I like Daniels suggestion! Nice one Mike!

zethar zethar
06-13-2011, 08:22 AM
Wonderful intimate capture. Very tender moment.

Crop looks a bit tight for me but I suspect there would be too many distracting branches otherwise.

Well done.

Marina Scarr
06-13-2011, 10:24 AM
I remember this day well, Mike, b/c it was in the 20's and I was wearing 4 layers of clothes and still cold. Even the birds were taking cover until we found this affectionate pair.

I would crop from the bottom which would make the angle appear less steep and add some space at the top if you have it. Exposure looks good. You captured a great moment.

Just witnessing this pair's behavior made that morning so worthwhile!

Sachin Saraf
06-13-2011, 12:45 PM
This is such a fantastic capture...

Owl is my fev bird... :-)

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-13-2011, 04:13 PM
Mike, excellent moment and DOF. Agree that lower in the frame would be better.