PDA

View Full Version : white rumped sandpiper-cleaning feathers

Lorant Voros
06-12-2011, 03:28 PM
Here is the last White Rumped Sandpiper photo for the week, but only because it is Sunday, so the week ends :-). It had to lower the jpeg image quality a lot to be able to compress it to the 200kb limit. I hope it still shows with all it's full detail as the original high resolution photo. I was thinking about cloaning out the white spot below the bird, but at the end I left it natural as it is. I could also use some composition suggestions. I tried several different ones and I ended up with this one, but I am not really used to have a "bird looking back" image. Looking forward to hear your thoughts on it.

Cheers,

Lorant

1DMKIII
500mm+1.4TC
ISO400
1/800
F:10
Tripod
Fill Flash with BB

Daniel Cadieux
06-12-2011, 08:19 PM
Beautiful preening pose. HA perfect for the situation, and the open bill with a view of the serrations(?) is super!! My preference is generally a bit more room around than what you have here, with even more in front of where the subject is looking (to our right in this case)...but I do like the crop as presented for a good view of the behaviour. If you are talking about the white spot touching the bird, then yes I'd have a go at eliminating it.

Really nice Lorant!!

Robert Holguin
06-13-2011, 02:22 AM
Beautiful shot. Great pose and low angle. Wonderful light and the detail is just great. Well done.

christopher galeski
06-13-2011, 02:46 AM
Beautiful image Lorant,nice colors in the BG,very nice pose and detail.thanks.

Dumay de Boulle
06-13-2011, 03:25 AM
Fantastic preening pose...The angle of shooting is great and I really like the pastel colors and exposure...Very nice image!

Marina Scarr
06-13-2011, 10:26 AM
Lovely pose and behavior you have captured here. EXP looks very good and that white rump sure is exposed! I would probably add a tad more space on the right and top but this comp works too.

Ofer Levy
06-13-2011, 12:15 PM
Hi Lorant, here is a quick repost with some more room added top and sides. Also applied some cooling filter. Not perfect but working on the repost will be much better...:w3

Jim Fenton
06-13-2011, 02:21 PM
Lovely behavior image.

I like Offer's repost but I think something in between the original and this one might be where it's at?

I do like the whit blob removed and love the low angle.

Lorant Voros
06-14-2011, 12:11 AM
Hi Lorant, here is a quick repost with some more room added top and sides. Also applied some cooling filter. Not perfect but working on the repost will be much better...:w3
Thanks everyone for the comments.

Ofer, I like the composition of your repost. Thank you for spending the time to work on it.

Lorant