PDA

View Full Version : fishing

Giovanni Frescura
06-11-2011, 04:15 PM
Canon Mark IV
Canon 300 f.2,8
f.3,2
1/2500
iso 4000 (was very dark ..but I think it could be a mistake...but also the other shoots before and past were with the same setting) During the shoots I no saw the iso but only tried to have mre speed so it could be possible...
The sharpening and the structure are ok or better more ?
Thanks

Morkel Erasmus
06-11-2011, 05:36 PM
fabulous timing and detail here! if this truly is ISO-4000 then the Mk4 has my respect!! :eek:
perhaps a touch more sharpening on the eagle?

Arthur Morris
06-11-2011, 05:48 PM
Giovanni, Where was this image created. Killer pose and timing. The fish and the spray are too cool! You need a bit more room above; do you have room above? The bird's face at least could benefit from a bit of selective sharpening, as in the repost. I actually sharpened the face and all of the lighter feathers.

Thanks a stack BTW for your membership support.

You can learn to sharpen your JPEGs and your master files plus tons more in our Digital Basics File (https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=252).

Harshad Barve
06-12-2011, 12:22 AM
killer pose , action , splash and re-post :S3:
TFS

arash_hazeghi
06-12-2011, 12:28 AM
repost is big improvement in sharpness, an excellent image with great dynamic pose fidh and water drops, well done

christopher galeski
06-12-2011, 04:38 AM
very nice Giovanni,as been said perfect timing,good action shot,repost better.thanks.

Giovanni Frescura
06-12-2011, 12:07 PM
Hello Arthie
I have more room and spray and also up..but if I have more space on the left..the eagle is more in the centre of the shoot..do you think it isn't a problem ?
I will try with more sharpening (I have your Digital basic file....) I sometine are afraid with sharpening...
This shoot was made in Norwey
Thank again

Arthur Morris
06-12-2011, 03:23 PM
I'd add an inch at the top and crop an inch off the bottom. No need to be scared of sharpening if you follow the directions in DB. Remember, only sharpen your files after they are sized for final use; do NOT sharpen your master files.