PDA

View Full Version : Protecting the Nest

Joe Senzatimore
06-11-2011, 03:48 PM
The Terns are very protective of their nest sites. This one was giving a Skimmer a piece of it's mind for getting too close to the nesting mate. Something I never noticed before is the long "claw" on the end of one of the toes. Looks like a real nasty weapon.

ISO 800 at 1/2000th at f8
Inc. Metered
Manual fill at 1/4 power
Cropped for comp.

Giovanni Frescura
06-11-2011, 04:10 PM
Very nice position.
On my monitor I see a little of more rumur. Good light on the tail
Good!!

Diego Torrentes
06-11-2011, 05:03 PM
Hi Joe. I love wings position and I find the open beak very expresive. To me it seems that the top of the head is to bright compare with the rest of plumage. I wonder if you could fix this via Photoshop or whatever software you're using.

Arthur Morris
06-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Love the posture and the open bill and the underwing detail. I brought the image into PS to do a Linear Burn on the brightest WHITEs only to find them over-exposed in the JPEG.... Are they toasted in your master file?

Joe Senzatimore
06-11-2011, 09:05 PM
Love the posture and the open bill and the underwing detail. I brought the image into PS to do a Linear Burn on the brightest WHITEs only to find them over-exposed in the JPEG.... Are they toasted in your master file?
The bit of white behind the eye is gone. Tough when it's side lit like that. I felt it best to try and expose for the wing underside and have the rest fall where it might.