PDA

View Full Version : hippo display

peter delaney
03-27-2008, 01:05 PM
d2xs 200-400 vr. bean bag. basically full frame. greater kruger ,south africa...

Alfred Forns
03-27-2008, 05:04 PM
Striking image Peter !!!! I like the tight crop and action Sure wish the light was from the other side The bak light looks good but would rather see the hippo more clearly You must have been close to the action !!!! Sure hope you got more !!!

Robert Amoruso
03-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Peter,

Please post exposure as that helps to determine attributes of the image. Like the water is unsharp. Is that function of shutter speed or f/stop. It looks like a DOF thing to me.

Great action and framing tight helps to accentuate that. Did you make multiple images? Does one show more of the FG hippo?

peter delaney
03-28-2008, 02:34 PM
Hi Albert and Robert

I did get close to this guy he was very co-operative , the light was not ideal..but you take what u can...

Robert I keep forgetting to incude the data..will do in future...

this was actually shot with my 70 -200 vr ...wide open @ 2.8 1/250 ....i did take quit a few images the others are of wide open mouth with very distracting BG.

Thank you both for lovely comments....

I am off to Kalahari tomorrow ,for a week ..so hoping to have some good images[ fingers crossed] when i get back...and will be a lot more active on forum than I have been....