PDA

View Full Version : Theme THEME: Oystercatchers with chicks juxtaposition

Clemens Vanderwerf
06-10-2011, 09:41 PM
This image was created in the morning at 7am on Nickerson Beach, Long Island. A pair of Oystercatchers with their chicks were feeding and walking towards the shore line. I like the juxtaposition of the two pairs. The environment however is pretty crowded with the usual beach material, and provides for a rather busy picture. Not ideal. I tried to clean up as much as possible to create a clean lower edge.

This image was created with the Canon 800mm f/5.6L IS lens and Canon 1.4x TC II at 1120mm, and the EOS-1DMIV. ISO 800. Evaluative metering: 1/1250 sec. at f/8 set manually. Full frame.

Beach and bill clean up and desaturation of the bill in PS.

All comments are welcome.

Thanks for looking.

Dumay de Boulle
06-11-2011, 03:04 AM
Very nice detail, IQ and exp...Love the interaction between parent and young! Not sure if the OOF OC adds to the image ( For my taste it could go)...TFS Clemens:S3:

Gary Esman
06-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Hi Clemens, nice shot here. Beautiful interaction with the little one. The 2 open beaks are pretty cool. Sweet light and sharp. Could be the beach or may need a little CW. TFS

Gary.

Tom Redd
06-11-2011, 10:23 AM
Wonderful shot. Good low shooting angle, excellent exposure and detail. If given a choice, I would love to see the two that are in focus and not the OOF birds. Very nice shot. TFS

Arthur Morris
06-11-2011, 08:14 PM
I like the juxtaposed family groups and the head angle of the front adult. I could, however, like you, do without all the shells. Great timing on the passing of the tidbit. See you in 23 hours!