PDA

View Full Version : When the Universe Speaks

Stuart Dahne
01-04-2008, 12:22 PM
There was 12 minutes of shooting this sunrise & every image created was amazingly different, really reminding me of how incredibly valuable every minute is.
All critiques are valued.

Camera Canon EOS-1D Mark III
Lens 17-35 f/2.8
Exposure Time 6s (6/1)
Aperture f/11.0
ISO 50
Focal Length 24mm (31.2mm in 35mm)
Flash flash did not fire
Exposure Program aperture priority
Exposure Bias 0 EV
Exposure Mode auto
White Balance auto
Color Space sRGB

Robert Amoruso
01-04-2008, 02:17 PM
Stuart,

I am really liking this image. At first I was tempted to say, move the horizon up, but I like the sky colors. In the FG the slow shutter speed created lines of surf receding towards the dock remains (looks like train tracks to me). Nice leading lines there.

I am happy with this just as you presented it. Great technique and visualization.

Hillebrand Breuker
01-04-2008, 02:40 PM
I like it. It has a very relaxing feel over it with great colors.

Paul Marcellini
01-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Robert covered just about everything. I like the muted tones. I dunno if it is lens distortion, curve of the earth or tilted horizon, but somethings going on there, might wanna check it. Otherwise great capture.

Paul

Arthur Morris
01-05-2008, 04:50 AM
I love the mood too. I lwould go with RAM's first instinct, to point the camera down a bit more thus moving the horizon up. A second choice would be the crop below. (Paul was right with the tilted horizon as I also leveled the horizon using the Ruler Tool.) For me, pointing the camera down a bit and including more foreground would have created a stronger image.

later and love, artie