PDA

View Full Version : Simple Grass

Jay Sheinfield
06-10-2011, 11:43 AM
Natural setting in the local Botanical Gardens, natural light. Coaxed some colors out for interest.

Nikon D3s
200mm
1/50 sec
f/11

Thanks for looking................

Jerry van Dijk
06-10-2011, 01:42 PM
Hi Jay, wonderful colors and textures. Somehow, my eye keeps wandering around the image without somethin catching my attention. I think if the leaves weren't cut off at the bottom and left, the composition would be better.

Mark T Helm
06-10-2011, 09:19 PM
I like the color but agree including the end of the branches might make the composition stronger

Roman Kurywczak
06-11-2011, 03:45 PM
Hey Jay,
Agree with the others on the clipped edge and I'm not so sure about the turquise colors either. That being said....I think the light play had very cool options so I hope you get a chance to explore this some more.

Steve Maxson
06-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Hi Jay. I find the patterns, diagonal flow of the comp, and the interesting lighting very appealing The black background works well here. This is one of those images where no matter where you crop you will be clipping or cutting something. I don't mind the leaves cut off on the left, but I would like the comp more if the leaf - bottom middle - wasn't touching the frame. For my tastes, I think the image would be stronger with only the "natural" looking green and yellow color tones. :S3:

Jay Sheinfield
06-12-2011, 04:05 PM
Steve, Roman - Thanks. I got a bit lost in the PP and missed my own vision. The image was about pattern, light and to some extent color. I agree on the lower blade touching the frame, and I have adjusted the colors in a more natural way. Small crop here and there. I like the image, others may not......the left margin cut doesn't bother me.
Here is a repost........interested in you feedback, for sure.

Jerry, thanks for the feedback. Agree on the lower cut, now fixed. There is no attention grabber, it's a pattern and light thing. Maybe the repost will help...........

Brendan Dozier
06-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Jay, the repost looks great!

Anita Bower
06-17-2011, 07:28 PM
I was drawn to the original post--love the bright colors and light. The crop works fine for me. Nice flow of leaves. I wonder if you could have the colors of the OP without such strong turquoise spots?

Jay Sheinfield
06-18-2011, 09:36 AM
Anita, thanks. Yes, the OP without the blue...can do, will do.