PDA

View Full Version : HDR Boat

Joe Senzatimore
06-10-2011, 09:05 AM
At the parking lot entrance to one of our beaches is this boat that I assume was put there for decoration. I have always thought it would make an interesting photograph but wanted it to be a little different. The advent of HDR has made that possible. I think as a straight shot there would be very little impact. Interested in any and all views.

7 image HDR processed in Photomatix and tweeked in PS.

Indranil Sircar
06-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Hi Joe, this is an interesting composition and perspective. I like the concept of the boat being tied to the logs on a dry grassy land. Certainly OOTB thinking! Nice tonal range and well processed. In my humble opinion, the boat itself is unremarkable... it probably would have had more impact if it was more worn or had a grunge look from use of filters. I was also wondering if there were other options like a more panoramic view with more of the horizon and sky. But that would be a very different image... TFS.

Jay Sheinfield
06-10-2011, 12:10 PM
Nice comp. Agree with Indranil on grunging up the boat........for interest.

Steve Bein
06-10-2011, 10:47 PM
I am fine with the boat as is. The compositional connection from boat to logs makes it interesting. I like the treatment of the image.

Andrew McLachlan
06-11-2011, 08:06 PM
Joe, I think you have made a wonderful HDR image of this boat. Love the color of the boat and the grasses too!

denise ippolito
06-22-2011, 03:47 PM
Joe, I really like this one. The composition has a dramatic look to it and the logs really anchor it. Nice job w/ the processing. Indranil makes some good suggestions.:S3: