PDA

View Full Version : Grey Heron (Ardea cinerea) II

Humberto Ramos
06-10-2011, 05:36 AM
After the previous post you can see here (http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/84830-Grey-Heron-(Ardea-cinerea)), I post this new image to receive some critics, this image was taken after the fist one, in the first the egret is on approach to a shoal of fishes, in this one the egret is trying to "punch" one of the fishes with her leg to stun him so she can grab it...

Canon 7D + Canon 600mm f/4 + aquatic hide
1/4000, f/4, ISO 500

Randy Stout
06-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Humberto:

Great sense of action with pose(raised wings and foot), splashing water.

Excellent low shooting angle.

Challenging light angle here, well handled.

I might consider some subtle toning down of the luminosity of the of the trees on the right side of the frame, just to keep our eye on the action.

Cheers

Randy

Daniel Cadieux
06-10-2011, 09:32 AM
I like the action, and thanks for the description of the behaviour. Good low angle, nice water splash, and I like the BG. I love that the fish is in full view. Backlighting well controlled and very appealing in this case.

Stu Bowie
06-10-2011, 09:36 AM
Excellent perspective Humberto, and well timed to capture the action - raised wings and right leg. I agree seeing the fish is a huge bonus. You have done well considering the angle of light.

Arthur Morris
06-10-2011, 09:56 AM
Sharp. Love the foot and the splash. Great job of capturing the peak of action. Considering the light angle you did quite well. Are the highlights in the water over-exposed in your master file?

Brendan Dozier
06-10-2011, 10:14 AM
Beautiful action pose and behaviour, Humberto. Love the low angle, raised leg, splash, and fish is a nice touch. Well done!

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-10-2011, 10:47 AM
Humberto, you nailed the crop in this one. Loved the action and the clear view of the foot and the fish.....that makes all the difference...and the ultra-low angle of course.

Dumay de Boulle
06-10-2011, 11:08 AM
I think you have done a great job considering the light angle...Great action!

Marina Scarr
06-10-2011, 12:09 PM
Your bird appears well exposed for difficult lighting conditions. I love the raised foot and splash and the raised wings.

Humberto Ramos
06-10-2011, 01:01 PM
Sharp. Love the foot and the splash. Great job of capturing the peak of action. Considering the light angle you did quite well. Are the highlights in the water over-exposed in your master file?

Thank you all for your critics...

Arthur, in the original raw file I have some tiny spots in the highlights on the water, I made a bit recovery on the whites...

You can see the attach of the histogram below..(I can't make it appear, you have to click to see it)