PDA

View Full Version : Male snail kite

arash_hazeghi
06-09-2011, 10:39 PM
Another image from Florida with Doug Brown, Walt Anderson and Jim Neiger. When I first looked at this image on my LCD I was very happy, later when I saw the missing primary I was like **** what a *****! Nevertheless I still like the banking pose and open beack as well as the habitat...

MK4 500mm f/4 1/1600sec ISO 800. handheld from Jim's boat.

Doug Brown
06-09-2011, 11:07 PM
Excellent on all counts except for the plumage, but what can you do?

arash_hazeghi
06-09-2011, 11:11 PM
Excellent on all counts except for the plumage, but what can you do?

Go there and try again:bg3: no disele this time :t3

BTW check your email, I sent you something

Here is large version (http://ari1982.smugmug.com/Animals/raptor/Snail-Kites/i-CN4vmHb/0/O/AH0619.jpg)if anyone wants to see

Stu Bowie
06-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Cool banking angle Arash, and just love the eye contact and open beak. You have nailed the exposure too. The missing primary sure leaves a gap in the wing, but hey, as you said, you will just have to go back and get yourself another one, or many.:w3

Dumay de Boulle
06-10-2011, 03:28 AM
Great pose and the beak open is great. I suppose to look n the bright side is that the primaries in both wings and in basically identical positions balances it out pretty well:S3:. Techs are great...Nice one Arash

gail bisson
06-10-2011, 04:31 AM
Another beauty. I don't mind the missing primary at all. Think of it this way- would you dislike or throw out a picture of a child because he/she was missing a tooth? !!:S3:I think the missing primary makes it more "real". It makes me wonder "why did he lose the feather? Adds interest to picture.
It is a lovely banking pose, great BG and love the open beak. A keeper for sure
Gail

Humberto Ramos
06-10-2011, 05:45 AM
The image is great any way, the open beak turns it amazing...

Troy Lim
06-10-2011, 05:56 AM
I wish it was mine...:)
I wish Caracara would bank like that for you...

noelle zaleski
06-10-2011, 06:39 AM
The missing primary does not bother me at all. In fact I did not even notice it until I read your message.

My eyes were first drawn to the open beak and eyes. The missing plumage tells a story of survival and has me wondering what the bird encountered to lose his feather.

To me the perfect image is just that.... one that tells a story, one that makes you think.

Well done!

Mike Tracy
06-10-2011, 07:05 AM
Killer vocalization pose. Whites on tail patch greatly improved from your previous kite post.

Was this cropped from horizontal ?

Arthur Morris
06-10-2011, 10:12 AM
Arash. You should consider switching to a position in banking. A careful look at each wing reveals that a new 9th primary is growing in. Love the dorsal view, the screaming bill, and the perfect head angle. It looks to me as if it could be improved with an increase in contrast.

Brendan Dozier
06-10-2011, 10:20 AM
Awesome pose and capture, Arash!

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-10-2011, 12:06 PM
Arash, superb pose, view, BG, FG grasses...and of course the open bill. I have never seen this bird...but am with Artie on a touch more contrast.

Lorant Voros
06-10-2011, 12:17 PM
Pose is awesome and the open beak is great. Nice eye contact as well. I am on my laptop, but I could also add some contrast to it. Nice work, Arash.

Lorant

arash_hazeghi
06-10-2011, 01:27 PM
Thanks for the comments, will play with contrast to see what it looks.

Mike, this was cropped from horizontal. This image was the first in the series when the RWBB started to chase the kit.

arash_hazeghi
06-10-2011, 02:10 PM
Arash. You should consider switching to a position in banking. A careful look at each wing reveals that a new 9th primary is growing in. Love the dorsal view, the screaming bill, and the perfect head angle. It looks to me as if it could be improved with an increase in contrast.

sure, when are you going to send me your assets? they will be safe in my bank :S3:

Arthur Morris
06-10-2011, 02:16 PM
sure, when are you going to send me your assets? they will be safe in my bank :S3:

Shoot me your wire transfer codes. My $$ would be safe with someone at good as banking as you are.

arash_hazeghi
06-10-2011, 08:53 PM
Shoot me your wire transfer codes. My $$ would be safe with someone at good as banking as you are.

What's your email? I am going to email you my wire codes! minimum amount is 100 grands :c3:

samandmayasgrandpa@att.net

Harshad Barve
06-10-2011, 11:20 PM
This is yet another winner for me , super pose , details and BG
TFS

Robert Holguin
06-12-2011, 06:05 PM
Wonderful shot. Love the pose, great detail, the open beak really adds to it. Superb shot all around. Well done.