PDA

View Full Version : Rooftops

Rachel Hollander
06-09-2011, 08:01 PM
I thought the rooftops above the Horse Guards Parade in London were interesting, particularly as a rain storm blew in. Taken May 27, 2011.

Canon 7D
70-200 f4 @ 126 mm
1/500
f11
ISO 400
HH, very slight crop for comp, s/h, levels adjustment and sharpened in CS5.

C&C welcome and appreciated. Thanks,

Rachel

Dave Mills
06-09-2011, 11:04 PM
Hi Rachel, I like the series of towers in the image. You did a good job positioning yourself to get the best angle. I have a tendancy to like simple images so I cropped the image to accentuate the main subjects while also giving the clouds a bit more definition. Some people don't like a squarish crop but I thought I would give you another idea...
Forgot to take out the TV antennae on the rt...

Jay Gould
06-10-2011, 07:30 AM
Hi, I think the RP crop works well. I would like some more contrast overall and some little bit of saturation in the clouds to make it a bit angry.

Also, I think it needs some CW rotation.

Cheers, Jay

Rachel Hollander
06-11-2011, 08:11 AM
Thanks Dave and Jay for the comments.

Rachel

Roman Kurywczak
06-11-2011, 03:52 PM
Hey Rachel,
I like the repost too....but in the OP, I would try bringing out some more depth in the Sky with a multiplied layer (play with the opacity) to see how much depth you can bring out. I would then toy around with bringing out some more depth in the structures themselves......then decide if the crop choice is the way you want to go. Just some more ideas for you to explore.

Rachel Hollander
06-12-2011, 07:36 PM
Thanks Roman

Andrew McLachlan
06-13-2011, 04:33 PM
Hi Rachel, these roof tops look great. I like Dave's crop suggestion. For an alternate version you could run this through Nik's Tonal Contrast Filter for an HDR look. It might bring out some interesting detail in the clouds.