PDA

View Full Version : Male Lion in Kruger.

Pieter de Waal
06-09-2011, 04:12 PM

Reworking some of my older images. We spent a morning with a pair of mating Lions when this male arrived on the scene to investigate. No action he moved off to one side and lay there.

Canon 30D/Sigma 170/500 1/125@f11 ISO200 Almost FF cropped for comp.

C&C allways welcome.

Harshad Barve
06-09-2011, 06:52 PM
Huge lion indeed , excellent eye contact in one fine image
TFS

Rachel Hollander
06-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Pieter - nice slinking pose. Looks like he has had some recent battles. If you have it then I would prefer a little more room below.

TFS,
Rachel

Hilary Hann
06-09-2011, 08:51 PM
I like the pov view and the intense stare from the lion. It looks like the lion could use another round of USM, to my eye. Handsome old warrior.

Steve Kaluski
06-10-2011, 02:06 AM
Hi Pieter, certainly the eye & stance make this one with a good POV angle.

Personally I would have preferred more space to the LHS for the lion to walk into, as the space to the right just seems a little empty. You could try adding a hint more in Curves which might help in the 'pop' factor, and as Hilary mentioned, a fraction more sharpening on the face too?

Looks like the PP is going well.

TFS
Steve:w3

Pieter de Waal
06-11-2011, 12:40 AM
Thank you all for your feedback and comments.

Looking at it again I can now see it needs more space particularly on the left. I have some on the left but none below Rachel.

Will try for a little more "pop" Steve and Hilary, but I am allways a little wary of overdoing it.

PP work is progressing well Steve, thanks to your help, and is one of the reasons I am reworking some of my older images.

Morkel Erasmus
06-11-2011, 08:40 AM
Kruger has some great lions, and this one seems to have some stories to tell, lots of scars and wounds.
Nice pose indeed Pieter...would comment on the surroundings but that's typical of large areas of Kruger so even getting this clear of an angle is to be commended.

I agree that some sharpening on the face would work well.

Pieter de Waal
06-12-2011, 02:50 PM
Thank you Morkel appreciate your comments.