PDA

View Full Version : white rumped sandpiper

Lorant Voros
06-09-2011, 09:48 AM
It's been a very long time since I posted. I have been working non stop and I will be back at the same busy work schedule for the coming year. However, finally I could get away with my best friend from Belgium to visit the South of Mexico; the place I love so much. Here is a photo from there.

Edited on my laptop, so don't know how it looks on a calibrated monitor.

Thanks for looking.

1DMKIII
500mm+1.4TC
ISO400
1/1000
f:8
Tripod

Arthur Morris
06-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Welcome back. You have been missed. It looks just fine. Love the raised foot and the reflection. And of course the open bill. I wish only of course that the bird had had its head turned just a bit more toward us.

What is the date of the image?

Yikes, almost forgot the low angle.

Grace Scalzo
06-09-2011, 10:01 AM
Lorant, This is lovely. Funny that we posted the same species, same day, taken in such different environments. The pose that you captured here is sweet as is your low angle. I could see a version of this image without the lower third working as well.

Lorant Voros
06-09-2011, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the comments and the welcome :-).

Artie, the image was taken just about a week ago. I just returned a few days ago from this trip.

I will of course have more images to post in the coming days. I was happy to photograph again. Hard to live without nature and without my camera :-).

Lorant

Karl Egressy
06-09-2011, 10:13 AM
Love the pose with the raised foot and the open beak. I also like the low angle, Lorant. Seeing two pictures of this bird that I don't have on my file is too much of a shock early in the morning. I'll take a break.:S3:
Szevasz Lorant. That was my best friend's, name. I't been a long time.

Lorant Voros
06-09-2011, 10:19 AM
Love the pose with the raised foot and the open beak. I also like the low angle, Lorant. Seeing two pictures of this bird that I don't have on my file is too much of a shock early in the morning. I'll take a break.:S3:
Szevasz Lorant. That was my best friend's, name. I't been a long time.

Once you come down to my area and you will have many images of this little guy. I love to see them so much that sometimes I just look at them walking around. They walked by me as I was laying there....they were no more than 2m from me :-).
...and we can speak Hungarian of course :-).

Jim Crosswell
06-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Excellent image Lorant! I like the low angle, raised foot, open bill and sharpness.

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Lorant, as others have said, loved the low angle, exposure and the pose takes it several notches up. Well done as always.

I agree with Grace that a crop from bottom( and some more room at top) will improve the composition.

Arthur Morris
06-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Thanks Lorant, A breeding adult. As the feather edges wear the bird will get brighter with more rufous fringing.

Daniel Cadieux
06-09-2011, 12:34 PM
Glad you were able to take a break from work!

Nice dynamic pose, and great low angle. I like the idea of cropping some off the bottom. Can't wait to see some of the others you got :-)

Dumay de Boulle
06-09-2011, 03:11 PM
Lovely stuff and I like it as presented...Like the open beak and the pastel colors are lovely. Foot up and low angle makes the image....Nice one Lorant

noelle zaleski
06-09-2011, 04:24 PM
Terrific! I really like the raised foot :S3:

Noelle

Mark Young
06-09-2011, 09:31 PM
Whats exciting about this is you've capture Rhyncokinesis in this image. That's where shorebirds have the ability to bend their upper bills slightly upwards. Not easy to see and even harder to photograph. I've only managed to do it once in a Red-necked Stint, but have seen it in other images of shorebirds we get here.