PDA

View Full Version : Harsh light.

dankearl
06-08-2011, 08:22 PM
A blackbird in Midday sun, the worst light possible and my favorite RWBB image.
1/640
f6.3
390mm
iso400

http://i1021.photobucket.com/albums/af332/dkearl/DSC_6823nx22-1.jpg

gail bisson
06-08-2011, 08:34 PM
Hi Dan,
Great BG, fun perch and great head position but there is no feather detail on the wing.I would try to open up the shadows and clone out the stick above bird. I can see why you like it but that harsh light is difficult to deal with.
How would the experts have handled in camera exposure? Would you use fill flash?
Gail

arash_hazeghi
06-08-2011, 10:12 PM
BG is nice, the head angle could be better and the darks are blocked with no detail. Since the light angle was not ideal no detail in the dark areas has been recorded, in this case raising the shadows will just bring out a lot of noise. Fill flash would have been best here.

Ofer Levy
06-09-2011, 12:53 AM
The best advice I can give you is to avoid taking photos when light is so harsh. Early morning and late afternoon is the time to photograph birds in a sunny day. If you have to photograph birds in harsh light you will need to master the use a flash on top of the other usual techniques.

Dumay de Boulle
06-09-2011, 01:31 AM
I dont think the light is just harsh, its from a completely wrong angle...The best advice I could give other than Ofer's is that to always try keep yourself between the sun and the subject (Always try have the sun behind you if possible)...great BG