PDA

View Full Version : The Ngorongoro Crater

Harshad Barve
06-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Dear All

Slowly but surely I am falling in love of Landscape photography , Should buy one decent lens
Ngorongoro crater photographed from rim of crater with kit lens 18-55mm at 55mm, D300 , ISO 400 , 1/1600 at f7.1

I feel I am blessed to see Ngorongoro crater twice this year. I know many people who have waited for life to visit this place

All C & C are most welcome
Harshad

Robert Amoruso
06-08-2011, 06:26 AM
I like the wide open look Harshad - we will turn you into a landscape photographer yet. :w3

As I normally like the "big sky" look when it is interesting as it is here, I am tempted to suggest cropping from top due the the long line of lower clouds that divides the image. So I tried a ROT crop (with lower cloud base in the middle 1/3 region) and felt that made the image appear static so I feel I like the OP better.

I will be interested in what the others say.

I would suggest lightening the FG some as it is a bit dark.

I like the changing colors - adds laying, thus depth to the image.

Roman Kurywczak
06-08-2011, 10:34 AM
Hey Harshad,
Glad to see you coming over to our side! I would prefer the pano crop off the sky Robert thought.....tried a browser crop and it worked better for my tastes. I also agree on lightening the FG a bit and bringing up some more depth. Nicely done overall!

Harshad Barve
06-08-2011, 10:48 AM
Hi Roman

Can you show example by re-post ???

Roman Kurywczak
06-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Here it is Harshad. Opened up the enrie image with S/H.......bringing down the highlights a bit too. Used selective color in the reds (removing black) to open up the floor of the crater a touch more and then a crop. Let me know what you think.
PS I would remove the tip of the tree? in the LR and may pull back soem on the blues in my repost.....but this should give you an idea to work with.

Dave Mills
06-08-2011, 11:16 AM
Hi Harshad, I like Roman's crop suggestion. The image now has a bit of pop to it since more detail was brought out in the clouds. With the crop the crater is now more dominant in the image. I agree with the blues being pulled back a bit...

Harshad Barve
06-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Here it is Harshad. Opened up the enrie image with S/H.......bringing down the highlights a bit too. Used selective color in the reds (removing black) to open up the floor of the crater a touch more and then a crop. Let me know what you think.
PS I would remove the tip of the tree? in the LR and may pull back soem on the blues in my repost.....but this should give you an idea to work with.

EXCELLENT re-post

Shreyas Mantri
06-09-2011, 11:37 AM
+ 1 for Roman's repost! I'd be tempted to reduce the dark blue tone on the hills, and would experiment with adding structure/clarity onto the hills.

Rachel Hollander
06-09-2011, 08:05 PM
Harshad - Roman's repost works well and I agree with the suggestion to desat the blues a bit. Great view of the Crater.

TFS,
Rachel

Jay Gould
06-10-2011, 07:33 AM
The RP rocks and is almost ethereal in the greens. I like it.

Jeffrey Sipress
06-10-2011, 11:50 AM
Nice memory of that place. I agree with the crop. I'm happy to have been there for a few days once, and made similar images. It's amazing to look at this and know what all is going on down in the big hole.

Andrew Aveley
06-12-2011, 12:24 PM
Harshad , a most amazing viewpoint !! I am a great fan of the crop Roman has used !! :eek:

Andrew McLachlan
06-13-2011, 04:29 PM
Harshad, a beautiful scene. Roman's repost is the way to go! That long line of clouds really make the pano crop work.

Hilary Hann
06-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Nicely seen Harshad, I would be happy with the OP or the repost.