Ian Cassell
06-07-2011, 02:53 PM
Canon 7D
Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 @ 17mm

1/250sec f/13 ISO 400

S/H, Levels, Sharpening in CS5

Dave Mills
06-07-2011, 08:26 PM
Hi Ian, Nice moment seeing the low mist blanketing the mountains. A few things...first the image does look a bit flat possibly due to the filtered light. I might try a contrast adjust. Curious to know why the image is darker on the LL corner? Finally this type of image might work better as a pano with a small amount off the sky and cropped from the bottom just above the line of mowed grass.

Harshad Barve
06-08-2011, 12:54 AM
One nice image which can be improved by Dave's suggestions
TFS

Robert Amoruso
06-08-2011, 07:13 AM
I agree with Dave's suggestion on the crop. I tried a ROT into a pano losing the FG and feel it is the better interpretation. I tried the curves adjustment and feel it blocks up the shadows too much and made the whites too bright.

Roman Kurywczak
06-08-2011, 10:29 AM
Hey Ian,
Another one who's first thought was pano! I do agree the LLC looks a bit weird but not quite sure what it is but in any case.....pano crop will take care of that. I might try to open up some of the darker areas in the mountains and give the FG a bit more vibrance first.....that may help you decide where the best spot for cropping would then be.

Ian Cassell
06-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Thank you, all. I'm doing this on my laptop as I travel and that was probably a mistake. I'll play with it some more when I get home. The LLC is actually the way the light hit the scene, but I have several more with slightly different lighting. This is a bit north of San Luis Obispo, CA.

Andrew McLachlan
06-08-2011, 04:51 PM
Ian, agree with the previous suggestions. Love the low lying fog/mist. I think if the hay swaths were bigger it would give the foreground more interest and would work better as presented. I like the idea of a pano crop as well.

Rachel Hollander
06-09-2011, 08:12 PM
Ian - some good suggestions above. The LLC corner looks like it might have had a cloud casting a shadow on it as it continues up the lhs a bit.

TFS,
Rachel