Menno Schaefer
06-07-2011, 02:19 PM
This young fox was running to me.

greats
Menno.

http://i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll320/schaef67/Diverse/vos10ddn.jpg

Steve Kaluski
06-07-2011, 03:06 PM
Hi Menno, welcome to the Wildlife section.

Could you please supply the Exif data from the camera and add it into your original thread please, as it helps ALL of us to posted feedback to your image, thank you. If in doubt, or unsure what to add, then please take a few minutes to read the link below :w3

http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/showthread.php/53926-Posting-Instructions-and-Guidelines-Revised-02-24-2011

cheers
Steve :S3:

Menno Schaefer
06-07-2011, 04:16 PM
Sorry i was forgotten to post the efix. And to tell that this was teh first time my live to see a young fox. He was with his mother and another little one. This one of the many pictures i have made that evening.

Canon 7d 1/100sec f5,6 iso200 500mm.

Menno

Steve Kaluski
06-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Thanks Menno.

Hilary Hann
06-07-2011, 07:18 PM
What a sight this must have been. Like the depth of field but perhaps it would have been better to have raised the ISO so that you could have had a higher shutter speed. Lovely, intense gaze on the fox.

Harshad Barve
06-07-2011, 10:15 PM
Welcome to wildlife and nice image to start with
TFS

Robert Amoruso
06-07-2011, 11:03 PM
Welcome to the forum Menno. Nice image to start out with. Great BG and great action. Though I like the crop you presented, I recommend trying some other crop options. I tried a ROT with the left vertical line along the centerline of the fox, the lower right of the cropping guide to the middle of the grass clump, the bottom to the existing bottom of the image and some crop from the top. This places the fox more left in the frame and IMO gives it more intimacy.

Steve Kaluski
06-08-2011, 02:36 AM
Hi Menno, I like this as you don't often see foxes running towards you and rarely have a shot with such a clean & diffused BG. Roberts suggestion works well and would certainly strengthen the composition of the image. If you are unsure of what is suggested just ask away. :S3:

If you are shooting this again I would certainly increase your ISO to give you a faster shutter speed, as shooting at 1/100 sec isn't enough to give you a sharp image and certainly the face of the fox is soft sadly. Although things do vary and it's not cast in stone, a good rule to follow is that your shutter speed should be the same, if not more than the lens used, ie 500mm lens 1/500sec.

Saying all that, a good opening shoot and look forward to more soon.

TFS
Steve

Menno Schaefer
06-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Thanks for the reactions. I just see that i did not put the right shuttertime, there must be one 0 more so it's 1000/sec.

I have i another picture and that one is in vertical line

gr
Menno

Pieter de Waal
06-09-2011, 02:54 PM
Hi Menno , what a great opportunity with mother and cubs. Like the action coming towards you and the low angle. Good colours and BG. TFS.