PDA

View Full Version : Pied Flycatcher

Willem Verboom
06-06-2011, 09:21 AM
In the past view days I've concentrate myself on this lovely bird. Here in Holland they are a bite uncommen but now I've found him I could makes some nice looking pictures. This is one of them. I hope you like it.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x15/vmotion/Bonte-vliegenvanger-6.jpg

iso 640 f 7.1 1/60 from a trypod canon d3 with 500 + 1.4 converter

Humberto Ramos
06-06-2011, 10:49 AM
Its a nice picture, I like the composition a lot...IMO it would be even better with a smaller aperture, maybe an f/11 so the perch would stay in focus also, I also would try to clone the metal in the leg (I donīt know the name in inglish)...

Munish Kaushik
06-06-2011, 11:46 AM
Very nice shot. Love the BG, perch, catch light & food in its beak.

wsh the entire perch was in focus, but I can see the light was low and f/11 wouldn't have worked in a sharper image.

Regards,
Munish Kaushik
www.facebook.com/Kaushik.Munish

Don Lacy
06-06-2011, 01:32 PM
Lovely subject, I do wish this image was tighter as I find the brighter area of green BG and OOF perch distracting.

Daniel Cadieux
06-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Beautiful bird, and although the perch is big for this guy it has nice texture and greenery. Some good points brought forward already. A slightly better HA, and some fill-flash would have also been good here. Looking forward to more of this species!!

Kaustubh Deshpande
06-08-2011, 10:55 AM
I like the composition and am fine with the head turn. loved the light. Yes, to more DOF but I can see why that would have been very hard in this low light.