PDA

View Full Version : The Crying Tree

Marina Scarr
06-05-2011, 08:18 PM
This photograph was captured near the peak at RMNP last Fall. It was a pretty healthy hike but what a treat. I call this "the crying tree" b/c the photographer who took me here became emotional when relaying his many experiences at this gorgeous location.

This was difficult to photograph b/c no tripod and I was in a contorted position down on the ground shooting upward. Sore doesn't begin to describe how I felt after this shoot!

Canon 5D, Canon 24-105L F4 @ 45mm
F11, 1/200sec, ISO 100, manual mode
Hand held, Polarizer

C & C welcomed and appreciated,

Marina Scarr
www.marinascarrphotography.com (http://www.marinascarrphotography.com)

Harshad Barve
06-05-2011, 08:26 PM
excellent compo with nice details , VWD Marina
TFS

chris Bycroft
06-06-2011, 01:18 AM
Hi Marina,

Excellent photo of a tree with a lot of character. Only comment is the cloud coming out of the side of the tree. Do you have a photo with the cloud located in a different location? At this size I cannot tell it was not taken with a tripod - well done. Overall a very crisp image.

Chris

Roman Kurywczak
06-06-2011, 01:03 PM
Hey Marina, I'm with Chris on the cloud......over in either direction would have worked. Nice job HH too.....looks sharp on this end. Nicely done overall.

RMNP is where i fell in love with the american west 24 years ago. I've done a ton of backpacking up there so the veiw was probably awesome.

Robert Amoruso
06-06-2011, 03:53 PM
I will third the comments in the cloud and recommend some cropping from the top. Tack sharp and lots of detail. Just the way to do it. Nice work.

Jay Gould
06-06-2011, 04:15 PM
Agree with the comments on crop from the top; the cloud has gotta go. I would use Content Aware with the various tools to get close to the tree and then at the pixel level use the Clone Tool to lay the blue against the brown pixels of the tree. Shouldn't be too hard and would move the image to the :5 level.

TFS.

Dave Mills
06-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Hi Marina, Well thought out comp that looks sharp to me. I'm with everyone on the cloud and a crop from the top. Overall,well handled.

Marina Scarr
06-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Thank you all for your insightful feedback. I agree on the cloud, and I'll give a crop from the top a try. If my recollection serves me correctly, I believe this one worked the best despite the cloud. I will have to revisit those pictures again to confirm.

Andrew McLachlan
06-07-2011, 07:14 PM
Marina, very nicely composed and good job handholding. Looks nice and sharp. Agree on crop from the top. The cloud could easily be evicted if you don't mind retouching your images in such a way.

Rachel Hollander
06-09-2011, 08:14 PM
Marina - beautiful color and comp. Nicely seen and captured.

TFS,
Rachel